The MSCPA is an amazing professional association for those entering into public accounting in Massachusetts. Please read below to learn more about what you can gain as a student member of this organization as shared by the MSCPA’s very own Erica DeBiase, Director of Academic & Career Development, and Jessica Yu, Academic & Career Development Specialist.
One of the most important things we do at the Society is help fuel the pipeline to the accounting profession with high potential, diverse and enthusiastic young people. We’re always looking to help aspiring accountants get involved in the profession. Become a MSCPA student member for FREE!
Below is a snapshot of the perks of being a MSCPA student member:
- Resume sharing through the MSCPA Career Center;
- Internship and employment notices;
- Career and interview skill-building workshops; and
- Accounting Career Fair admittance.
- Opportunities for scholarships ranging from $2,500 – $10,000 through the MSCPA Educational Foundation;
- A chance to win a $500 voucher to offset CPA Exam fees; and
- Discounts on CPA Exam review courses and other MSCPA membership benefits.
Connections and Resources
- Networking with more than 11,000 CPAs and accounting professionals across Massachusetts;
- Mentoring opportunities with new and seasoned professionals;
- Participation in one or all of the MSCPA’s student social media groups: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn;
- Access to 50+ public accounting firms listed in the MSCPA’s annual Firm Guide; and
- News updates via, SumNews (bi-monthly digital magazine), Friday@Five (weekly newsletter) and student newsletters.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We are here to help!