At this point in the academic year, you are likely well aware that our annual Fall Career Fair is fast approaching- and this one is set to be the best yet! Taking place in the new Bentley Arena, we have over 130 fantastic companies attending and all want to meet YOU.
So where should one begin when preparing to attending a major networking event? Step #1: Research who is attending! Lucky for you, we’ve compiled all the data you need to plan ahead into one easy to use app: The Fairs App. Simply download and search for Bentley University and you will see who is attending and for which specific opportunity. But perhaps this full list is overwhelming- how can we narrow in on who you should meet during the event?
Below is a list of employers relevant to students seeking opportunities in the following spaces: Sustainability, Healthcare, Non-Profit, Government Agencies, Hospitality, Media, Global Organizations, Employers with great Leadership Development Opportunities, and more! I encourage you to network with recruiters and learn more about their internship and entry level roles- this will give you great insight into the organization.
|Bentley University Cronin Office of International Education|
|Bentley University Service-Learning and Civic Engagement Center|
|Boston Scientific Corporation|
|Commonwealth Care Alliance|
|EF Education First|
|FactSet Research Systems, Inc.|
|Federal Reserve Bank of Boston|
|Marine Corps Officer Selection|
|New Hope Group|
|Olympus Corporation of America|
|Stanley Black & Decker|
|Stoneturn Group, LLP|
|Tufts Health Plan|
|US Army Waltham Recruiting Station|
|US Navy Officer Programs|
Make sure you are prepared before attending the event- follow these steps and you’ll be a guaranteed success:
- Pick up your Career Fair Fast Pass in LAC 205 this week!
- Update your resume and make multiple copies to bring with you.
- Research the companies attending. Download the ‘The Fairs App’ to see who’s coming!
- Practice your elevator pitch. You want to leave professionals with a great first impression, so be sure to practice your introduction.
- Suit up! How you present yourself makes a statement, so make sure it’s a good one! This event is a professional networking event, so business professional attire is strongly suggested.
- Follow up. Did you collect any contact information during the event? Have additional questions regarding a specific opportunity? Send a follow up email to the professional thanking them for attending and asking your questions before you apply.
We’ll see you there!
The Fall 2018 Bentley Career Fair is happening on Wed, Sept 26th from 1-4pm in the Bentley Arena.