Do you have a meeting scheduled with your career coach soon but aren’t quite sure what to ask them? Here are a list of questions that you can ask your career coach to get better guidance on navigating your career path. Knowing what you want to learn when you enter that 30 minute meeting slot will maximize your time each and every session. This list is by no means an exhaustive list but it is certainly a start and can inspire you to ask other questions as well!
- How can I best prepare & practice for interviews?
- How can I stand out when I have networking discussions with alumni and/or professionals?
- What online resources should I be taking advantage of? (Vault, Big Interview, free subscription to WSJ through the library)
- I’ve applied to a lot of jobs / internships and I’m not hearing back. Why is that?
- How do I prepare questions to ask a recruiter in an interview?
- If I blindly connect with an alumnus or professional on LinkedIn, what should I say in the message when I initiate the contact? Should I send a message?
- How do I know if I’ll fit into a company or corporate culture
- Other than salary what should I consider before accepting an offer for an internship or full time position?