Suggestion #5: Actively follow the markets!
Regardless of what specific area within finance you’re looking to pursue, having a good understanding of what’s happening in the markets will always work in your favor. Here are a few sites to check out:
- The Wall Street Journal: Bentley University students have free access to The Wall Street Journal website. Learn how to register here.
- MoneyBeat: A pre-markets primer packed with market updates, insights and must-read news links. Macro Horizons. WSJ editors analyze the overnight economic and political events affecting global markets.
- Bloomberg: Bloomberg delivers business and markets news, data, analysis, and video to the world, featuring stories from Businessweek and Bloomberg News.
- MarketWatch: MarketWatch provides the latest stock market, financial and business news. Get stock market quotes, personal finance advice, company news and more.
- MorningBrew: The daily email newsletter covering the latest news from Wall St. to Silicon Valley. Informative, witty, and everything you need to start your day.