Be sure you don’t miss the Math, Actuarial, Analytics, & Technology Networking Night on Monday, 9/16/19 from 5:30-7:30pm in the EDR! This is a fantastic opportunity to network with 30+ employers- all hiring summer interns and graduates in these areas! Here are some ways to best prepare for the event:
- RSVP to attend under ‘Career Fairs’ on BentleyLink.
- Update your resume be sure you utilize our new VMock system to have your resume critiqued in seconds.
- Research the companies attending. Download the ‘Careers by Symplicity’ app for free and check out the ‘Career Fairs’ tab, you are able to view all attendees and job titles here.
- Practice your elevator pitch. You want to leave professionals with a great first impression, so be sure to practice your introduction. Need a refresher on how to create an elevator pitch? Vault has plenty of resources to help!
- Suit up! How you present yourself makes a statement, so make sure it’s a good one! This event is a professional networking event, so business professional attire is strongly suggested.
- Follow up. Did you collect any contact information during the event? Have additional questions regarding a specific opportunity? Send a follow up email to the professional thanking them for attending and asking your questions before you apply- this can help keep the communication going and show interest in the opportunity.
Enjoy the event!