CAREER FAIR – WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2016, from 1-4:30 PM in the Dana Center
Tips for a successful Career Fair for you!
There are 120 + companies coming to the Career Fair to meet Bentley students and share information about their companies, jobs, and internships! The University Career Services staff looks forward to seeing you there.
To find out who is registered and start doing your research, you can:
- Download the free Bentley Career Fair Plus app in the app store or the Google play store. This app has the company information and will have a map of the room with company table assignments to help you plan your time.
- Log into BentleyLink, and in the lower right hand corner of your home page under ‘Attend Events,’ click on the
Spring 2016 Career Fair
Some Career Fair tips for students!
- Update your year in school and expected date of graduation in your Profile/Academic tab in BentleyLink so your nametag will have the correct information. Bring your student ID to “swipe” in and have this nametag printed.
- This is a Business Attire event!
- Bring hard copies of your resume; you need to bring several copies to network with different companies.
- Research companies you will visit: view company web page; view BentleyLink to see what jobs or internships they may have already posted; think about your network–maybe a friend interned there or you know someone who works there.
- If a company has not stated that they have a job or internship in your desired functional area, you can still stop at the table to ask questions about the company, the culture, and to see if you can learn a contact name from the area of the company in which you would be interested. If you are interested in the company, then show your interest!
- Networking is an integral part of your career from now through all future jobs, so get started and have fun—remember these company representatives are coming to Bentley because they want to meet Bentley students!
- Please review jobs and internships in BentleyLink to ensure you do not miss any important application deadlines.
- We have over 300 industry representatives coming to the Career Fair; we do not collect business cards, so you will need to get the name and contact information of the people you speak with if you want to follow up!
- There will be two shuttle buses continuously transporting employers and students between upper campus and the Dana Center. The bus will pick up attendees behind the LaCava Building at the designated “Shuttle Pick Up” location and shuttle them back and forth from Dana Center. Please look for signs to direct you. This may help if you are trying to get back to upper campus for a class.
And additional tips for after the Career Fair!
- Companies will use the email and cell phone number you provide on your resume, so please make sure your voicemail is set up and professional. Please ensure your voicemail storage is cleared out and has room for messages.
- Check your email and make sure important communications from employers are not going into spam.