Student Social Media Specialist
Are you Facebook fierce? Instantly comfortable doing an Instagram campaign? Have you Tweeted, Tumbled, Plused, Pinned, and Phe(e)d? Do you check Mashable before the weather forecast? Already consider yourself a social media maven, ninja, guru–or at least an influencer with real Klout?
(Don’t worry: you won’t have to talk like this. In fact, let’s never do this again. But if you have no idea what most of that means, this probably isn’t the job for you.)
Help take Bentley’s social media infrastructure to the next level as we prepare for the 2013-2014 academic year. With the creation in December 2012 of a centralized university social media manager role on the Digital Engagement team of the Marketing and Communications Department, Bentley is committed to taking its social media efforts to scale to engage with both internal and external audiences.
If you’ve got strong familiarity and comfort with at least two major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter/Vine, YouTube, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, Google Plus, Pheed, Reddit), if you have mature judgment and a good personal brand of your own on social media, if you can write well and quickly, if you have basic photo and video skills, if you’re able to do basic market research and guided SWOT analyses, and if you’re comfortable rebuilding the plane while it’s flying, this is the job for you. You’ll learn about managing social media strategies and deploying tactics at a multi-faceted institution with complex stakeholder relationships. You’ll learn-by-doing and develop social media analytical and production skills. You’ll get the thrill of engaging with the Bentley community online. You’ll laugh a lot.
(Actually, you’d better be able to laugh a lot, while also working hard. Good sense of humor is a requirement.)
Chief Responsibilities include:
- Helping monitor Bentley’s brand presence on main social media channels
- Creating and curating content, especially visual content, for use on social channels and in specific campaigns
- Targeted SWOT research and analysis to help evaluate strategies, tactics, and (new) tools and channels
- Basic image and video editing as needed
- Problem solving
- Conducting basic social media metric reports (e.g. Hoot Suite Analytics, Facebook Insights, Twitter Counter)
- Uploading content, videos, images, text for social posts as directed and approved
- Helping prepare for 2013-2014 social media campaigns (research, content gathering, strategizing)
- Strong writing and communications skills, along with a high level of maturity and the ability to (help) represent the face of the university to diverse public audiences in authentic and appropriate manner
- Experience as a skilled social media user on at least one or two popular platforms, whether for personal use, course work, or prior professional use (Note: your “digital footprint” will be evaluated as part of the screening process for this position)
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills and a willingness to learn
- Ability to multi-task, identify priorities, plan your work and work the plan
- Interest in marketing, public relations, social media
Consult the S.E.A.S. Pages on MyBentley: MyBentley. Log in to MyBentley > Student Self Service > Main menu > Undergrad menu > Student services > S.E.A.S.
(This position is not posted on BentleyLink because it is a work study position.)