Vault Career Guide to Consulting, Third Edition
Consulting is a massive, international industry with global revenues of around $506 billion. It spans human resources, business advisory services, information technology, operations management consulting, health care administration, education and many other fields. Workers in this field—consultants—provide expertise to organizations to help them maximize profits or effectiveness and keep them running smoothly. They are professional ‘problem-solvers for hire.’ Consultants are key players in today’s business world, and their star will only rise in the future.
The Vault Career Guide to Consulting, Third Edition provides an insider’s perspective on what’s happening in the industry, what it takes to break in, and how to advance your career. Whether your goal is to help a multinational corporation streamline its operations or find ways to enhance productivity, this guide will help you master every step of your job search.
Vault Career Guides offer an industry insider’s view of what it takes to land a job in your chosen profession. Each volume provides a comprehensive overview of the industry and expert advice and tips for uncovering job opportunities, networking, preparing your cover letter and résumé, interviewing, and keeping current on industry news and trends. Interviews and case studies offer behind-the-scenes glimpses of what hiring managers look for in a candidate and how others have succeeded in landing their jobs or advancing their careers. An extensive glossary and resource list put all the industry knowledge you need to succeed at your fingertips.
Each Vault Career Guide includes:
- The Basics: Everything you need to know about what your industry does, who works in it, and the pros and cons of pursuing a career in the field.
- Making Connections: Practical information on researching potential employers, networking, and getting in the door.
- Careers in This Industry: A look at life on the job and the industry culture.
- Talk Like a Pro: A glossary of industry jargon and key terms.
- Resources: Associations, organizations, websites, and other resources to help you plan and advance your career.