Launch your professional career! The WESCO Sales Development Training Program is a one year rotational program designed to prepare you for a sales role with WESCO International. During the program you’ll have the opportunity to develop strong selling skills and overall business acumen, enhance your sales presence, gain product and industry knowledge, and engage with other program members and senior leaders. You will work directly under the supervision of one of our local managers, and also be paired with a peer mentor (previous program graduate). Successful completion of the program will result in placement in a sales position.
Working in one of our 450+ branches across the US, you’ll will learn through on-the-job training and classroom instruction in the following areas:
- Warehouse Operations
- Branch Administration
- Inside Sales
- Outside Sales / Business Development
- Inventory Control
Additional training in the following areas may include:
- Financial Services
- Supplier Relations
- Global Accounts
- LEAN Six Sigma
There’s plenty of opportunity for executive exposure and team building with your peers during our three annual program events:
- Program Orientation (3-day orientation typically held in a central location for all program members ).
- Mid-Year Event (Held at our Pittsburgh-based HQ ; includes professional sales training, leadership speaker series, and LEAN Blue Belt Certification).
- Graduation Event (Held at our Pittsburgh-based HQ; includes a celebratory graduation dinner and award ceremony with WESCO executive leaders; final program presentations; and transitioning into your post-program role)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Demonstrated strong sales presence – consultative with the ability to close the sale
- Very organized and able to handle multiple tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to travel – local and national
- No more than 18 months removed from college.
- Bachelors Degree required in related field
- Interest in inside/outside sales required
- Experience working for an industrial distributor, contractor, or supplier preferred
- Internship or prior outside sales preferred