The Operations Associate is a key member of the Servicing team. The Operations Associate is responsible for overseeing vendor relationships and performing critical servicing functions such as new loan setup and quality control, establishing interest rates for adjustable rate loans, coordinating the timely payment of taxes, ensuring the timely preparation of escrow analysis, ensuring the timely filing of UCC continuations and terminations and coordinating the lien release process all in accordance with the programmatic requirements of the Lender and internal Policies and Procedures.
Ready to bring your whole self to work every day? At Walker & Dunlop, we didn’t get to where we are by hiring ordinary individuals. We got here by hiring the exceptional! WD is looking for individuals who are caring, collaborative, driven, insightful, and tenacious to join our team.
What you will be doing:
- Oversight of UCC Monitoring – Track and monitor UCC expiration dates and prepare filings of continuations through vendor website; track and prepare UCC terminations through vendor website at the time of loan payoff
- Oversight of Mortgage Lien Releases – Coordinate with third party vendor and relevant external and internal parties to ensure timely filing of Lien Releases at the time of loan payoff
- Oversight of Escrow Analysis – Ensure all escrow analysis are prepared accurately and timely. Notify servicing staff of any exceptions when analysis results fall outside of predetermined thresholds
- Perform Quality Control testing across all vendor relationships to ensure a high standard of quality is maintained
- Review (and approval) of daily processing work of staff members/vendors, assist staff where necessary, and ensure accuracy of work.
- Assistance in management, training and mentoring of staff members.
- Produce and distribute key Reports from the Servicing System to the Servicing group
- Assist in automating tasks within the Department as necessary
- Communicate and problem-solve daily with teammates, clients, vendors, and other stakeholders, possibly in combination with travel
- Handle additional projects as assigned.
The education and experience we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Real Estate, Business Administration, or related field
- 2+ years or more experience in loan servicing for commercial or residential properties.
What skills you should have:
- Ability to work as a part of a team, while providing a strong individual contribution
- Excellent attention to detail, judgment, flexibility and dependability
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Requires excellent communication skills, written and oral, through all levels of the organization
- Excellent computer skills with ability to create and utilize spreadsheets
- Management experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with strong work ethic to meet
- daily challenges of a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to show ownership of your work, take on challenges and acknowledge growth opportunities, and demonstrate patience when learning new processes
- Courtesy, respect, and thoughtfulness in teaming with colleagues and other stakeholders
Still reading? Then we think you should apply!
Walker & Dunlop is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, sex, age, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.