Are you an asker of questions, a solver of problems, and a challenger of the status quo? Our mission is to provide a differentiated customer experience and exceed the expectations people have of technology at any company — not just insurers.
We are seeking students to join our team of talented IT professionals, who share never-ending passion and an unwavering focus on our customer experience. Team members comfortable working in an agile, fast-paced, and delivery-focused environment thrive in our environment where we value an entrepreneurial spirit and those who challenge the status-quo.
After orientation and on-boarding, you will join one of our business areas, where you will be assigned to meaningful, challenging project work, that has an immediate impact on our business. You will work on collaborative projects, while also owning individual work that will push you to learn and grow as a professional.
Unum is changing, and we are excited about what is next. Join us next summer!
- Work for the leader in the disability-based employee benefits marketplace and in a professional, corporate setting
- Contribute to meaningful project work that will leave a lasting impact on the business
- Participate in a cross-functional business case challenge with other interns to solve genuine business needs
- Attend weekly professional development and information sessions, learning about departmental functions and enhancing your professional skills
- Exposure and networking opportunities with senior leaders across our enterprise locations
- Take part in social events, have fun, and build your network with other interns
- Participate in community service activities, by supporting organizations that make our communities stronger, advocate for greater access to the benefits that strengthen our societies and families, protect the environment around us, and invest in our workplace culture
- Join an Employee Network and work with the Office of Inclusion & Diversity to help advance Unum’s inclusion journey and represent the full spectrum of what makes us unique
- Earn college credit (School/Program Manager pre-approvals are required)
- Housing is not provided however Unum offers a lump-sum bonus to help with costs for the summer and will provide guidance on housing opportunities used by interns in the past
Starts in early June 2024 and will last 10-12 weeks (about 3 months)
- Baton Rouge, LA
- Chattanooga, TN
- Columbia, SC
- Portland, ME
Past Digital Transformation Interns Projects
- Create applications to interact with current platforms
- Design system testing, documentation, and prototyping. Take existing design files, identify patterns and application
- Perform moderate complexity development, system analysis, and programming activities including writing; Apex, SOQL, Aura, APIs, and C#
- Work directly on an Agile Scrum Team by preparing the appropriate developer documentation including performing implementation and maintenance of multiple products
- Perform bug verification, release testing and beta support for assigned products and research problems discovered by QA or product support and develop solutions to the problems
- Candidate must be currently enrolled in an accredited college degree program or be a Spring 2024 graduate
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, IT Security, Informatics, Information Science/Technology, Software Engineering, Security and Risk Analysis, or other STEM related majors preferred
- Experience with UI/UX design, .NET, SQL, HTML, automation, AI (Artificial Intelligence), cyber security, mainframe, and/or automation preferred
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and on-campus involvement
- Demonstrated ability to think both strategically and tactically
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel software applications
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed on project work
- Intern must be available to work 40 hours per week during regular business hours and adhere to Unum’s hybrid work policy
Thank you for your interest in Unum! After applying you will receive an email confirmation that your application has been received. Please note that we will not be reviewing applications until October 2023 for our summer internships.