Tyler Lynch P.C. will be conducting interviews for an accounting/tax intern looking to work during the 2021 spring tax season.
To be considered for this outstanding opportunity, you must be an accounting major, graduating with a GPA of 3.2 or higher and excellent interpersonal and computer skills. Those graduating with 150 credits and who have had a prior internship with a public accounting firm, preferred. This position requires at least 40 hours per week (Monday – Friday), with some Saturdays. We offer the opportunity to become a full time employee after internship concludes.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
Hands-on work for actual clients, under the supervision of an experienced tax professional, including:
- Analyzing and reviewing client accounting records and tax documentation.
- Assisting to prepare tax returnsfor individual and business clients, including Forms 1040, 1065, 1120S etc.
- Identifying and listing open items and missing information during the preparation of the return.
- Creating detailed work papers that support the tax and accounting work done.
- Learning to use current tax and accounting software including Profx, QuickBooks, etc.
- Assuming full responsibility on smaller accounting engagements (as their proficiency increases)
- Miscellaneous tasks as assigned