The Riverside Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and embraces the diversity of its people and encourages women and minorities to apply. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
Riverside Credit Solutions (RCS)
Riverside Credit Solutions (RCS), a member of The Riverside Company’s family of strategies, provides flexible cash flow-based financing solutions to both private equity sponsored and non-sponsored companies in the smaller end of the middle market. RCS focuses primarily on investments in U.S. based middle market companies typically with $5 million to $35 million in EBITDA. The platform has a broad industry focus, with team members having experience in business services, consumer brands, education & training, food & beverage, healthcare, software & IT, specialty manufacturing & distribution, and TMT, among others. The RCS team brings over 60 years of combined industry experience and deep client relationships, having invested over $3 billion of capital in private credit transactions through multiple cycles.
RCS is currently investing out of its first fund. The current team of 5 is based in Riverside’s Boston office and is augmented by the infrastructure of the broader Riverside Company organization. For more information, visit https://trccs.com/
Riverside Credit Solutions is seeking an Analyst to join our team. The Analyst will work out of the Boston office under the supervision of the Managing Partner, and closely with other junior members. The position is primarily responsible for supporting both new deal structuring/underwriting/execution as well as portfolio management and analysis. More specifically, analysts are responsible for the reporting and management of existing loans, assisting in the internal process required to close and manage loans, and assisting with the financial modeling, financial statement analysis, and credit analysis for new deal opportunities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- New deal execution – assist in all aspects of new transaction execution, including company and industry research and analysis, financial analysis & modeling, comparable transaction analysis, legal documentation and closing items
- Monitoring of portfolio accounts – track and spread monthly/quarterly/annual financials, analyze business trends, track financial performance relative to covenants and prepare memos upon loan modification or amendment
- Financial and credit analysis – includes detailed financial modeling, sensitivity analysis, and preparation of credit memos (screening memos and investment memos)
- Prepare financial and discussion materials for periodic internal reviews
- Work with senior team members to interact with CFOs and private equity firms to fully understand financial trends and budget assumptions
- Support senior team members with database tracking and reporting of marketing and deal activity
- Support of periodic ad hoc projects
- Bachelor’s degree
- 0 to 2 years of relevant finance experience, whether it be undergraduate course work or employment in a corporate finance, banking, finance company, investment bank, or accounting role
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Financial modeling training a plus, but not required
- Superior attention to detail and thoroughness
- Proficient in Excel and Word – PowerPoint proficiency a plus
- Professional attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to interface effectively with senior management, other lenders, and private equity sponsors (face-to-face, telephone, and written communication)
- Excellent organization skills, with ability to handle a wide variety of responsibilities and meet multiple deadlines
- Team player – effectively works with others of all levels
- Willingness to work extensive hours and travel frequently
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Bachelor’s Degree
Required experience: 0 to 2 years of relevant finance experience, whether it be undergraduate course work or employment in a corporate finance, banking, finance company, investment bank, or accounting role