To assist staff of The Arc of Massachusetts with administrative tasks and projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities include a wide range of activities, from simple office tasks such as data entry,
- handling phone calls and photocopying, to submitting press releases, writing office procedures,
- researching legislative and public policy issues, and assisting with preparations for and during
- Training, Legislative, and Fundraising events.
- Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and working knowledge of Microsoft WORD,
- EXCEL, PowerPoint
The Arc of Massachusetts is a national movement that works to include people with intellectual,
and developmental disabilities including autism in every community. The Arc of Massachusetts
represents this mission at the state level, advocating to legislators for services and supports, and
providing training and educational materials to individuals with intellectual disabilities and their
families, as well as to the general public.
Though these positions will often involve the performance of simple office tasks, such as data
entry, handling phone calls, and photocopying, we have found that students have done great
things when we can structure their jobs around areas of interest. Recently, students interested
in public policy, legislative advocacy, and non-profit fundraising have made outstanding
contributions to our work. They have: submitted press releases, improved upon and written
office and computer procedures, researched legislation and public policy issues, and assisted at
training events, legislative receptions and award ceremonies at the State House.