Staples is business to business. You’re what binds us together.
Join our Staples World Class Supply Chain Team and deliver essential products to our customers.
What you’ll be doing:
In this position, you will be a central part of our Supply Chain organization. You will also interact with the Merchandising organization that manages the product assortment for our commercial & online business. You will manage the flow of inventory for specific categories of exciting products in order to drive sales and profit and deliver a superior customer experience. You will have high-level exposure, development opportunities and a great deal of responsibility managing a product line from purchasing through to the end customer.
What you bring to the table:
- Utilize forecasting/planning/allocation system to order product and ensure smooth flow to fulfillment centers
- Maintain appropriate levels of inventory through accurate forecasting and reacting to changes in sales trends
- Reduce out of stocks during critical events such as weekly ads and seasonal promotions
- Work with cross-functional partners to successfully execute various product shifts including seasonal buys, and large customer on-boarding
- Develop and maintain positive, effective relationships with vendors to facilitate timely and accurate processing of orders and delivery of product
- Track, expedite, and maintain purchase orders. Communicate and escalate critical vendor supply chain issues to minimize impacts to customer service • Understand and action key daily reports such as inactive inventory, daily out of stocks, and forecast exceptions
- Respond to sales driving product requests that come from B2B sales reps
- Utilize exception reporting and conduct your own data pulls to identify opportunities to reduce inventory and speed up turn
- Conduct ad hoc analytical assignments aimed at solving for a specific business opportunity
- Develop and demonstrate comprehensive understanding of Staples’ E3 replenishment system by completing formal training program and passing E3 certification exam
What’s needed- Basic Qualifications:
- 1 year of work experience in a related field, or strong internship/ co-op experience
- Flexible, detail oriented, with strong planning and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
What’s needed- Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with Supply Chain Planning and Inventory Management systems (i.e. E3, JDA)
- Inclusive culture with associate-led Business Resource Groups and resources such as the Social Justice Resource Center
- Flexible PTO (22 days) and Holiday Schedule (7 observed paid holidays), Online and Retail Discounts, Company Match 401(k), Physical and Mental Health Wellness programs, and more perks and benefits
Interested in joining the team? Check out our perks and benefits !