Soofa is the neighborhood news feed that connects a community with screens everyone can see and anyone can use. We’re a woman-founded MIT startup with a mission to make cities smart, social, and sustainable.
We are looking for a Sales Manager to join the Team Soofa as a player/coach, excited to lead our AEs and BDRs while smashing your own goals. This is a great next step for an experienced AE who wants to get into a leadership role, or for a current sales leader looking for a bridge into a Director opportunity. This senior role requires a strong media sales record.
Remote applicants (U.S.-based only) welcome.
Soofa is for people with a shared stake in a special place. Join us!
- Coach a growing team of AEs and BDRs alongside Soofa’s VP of Sales
- Identify, qualify and develop SMB, Regional, and National advertising business at or beyond company targets
- Hunt and close new business
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual booking goals for media sales team
- Own and manage a diverse pipeline of clients ranging from restaurants and banks to theaters and museums and everything between and beyond
- Work cross-departmentally to build and strengthen product, brand, and market reputation
- Prepare and present advertising proposals with prospects and guide them through the buying process
- Mentor and coach potential clients to create stunning promotional content through prepared materials, case studies, and marketing activities
- Analyze competitive alternatives and brief executive team on market conditions and activity
- Critically evaluate performance and track opportunities for best practices
- 5+ years’ media sales experience
- 2+ years’ leadership experience
- Proven ability to achieve and exceed quotas and goals
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Excited to educate others on our cutting-edge technology
- Drive for continuous improvement
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with a diverse team
- A good listener with a passion for learning about people, businesses, and communities
- Able to navigate objections and willing to build something new
- Curious, driven, great at time management, and coachable
Bonus Points For
- Experience in the OOH industry
Perks of Working with Soofa
- Best of both worlds: Soofa’s Cambridge HQ is open, safe, and compliant for anyone who wants to use it; or, work from home
- Generous healthcare, dental, and parental leave packages
- Free short- and long-term disability
- Free life insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Dog-friendly office
- Virtual team events at least 2x/week
- Company culture focused on talent development and caring personally
Soofa is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Soofa is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.