Smart Buildings Sales Internship
Here at Siemens, we take pride in enabling sustainable progress through technology. We do this through empowering customers by combining the real and digital worlds. Improving how we live, work, and move today and for the next generation! We know that the only way a business thrive is if our people are thriving. That’s why we always put our people first. Our global, diverse team would be happy to support you and challenge you to grow in new ways. Who knows where our shared journey will take you?
Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for an internship where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Does gaining hands-on experience, real-world skills and valuable knowledge while developing yourself professionally sound exciting to you?
Then look to the Siemens Smart Infrastructure Regional Solutions and Services Americas Internship Program!
EPS Sales Intern 2024 Job Description
We are looking for an Energy & Sustainability Sales Intern. This position will be based in our Energy & Performance Services (EPS) Empire Team and supervised by an EPS account manager in Ithaca, NY.
What you will do as a Siemens Smart Infrastructure Sales Intern
· This internship is a 10-week program where you will rotate through various departments within Energy & Performance Services, all focusing on energy efficient buildings and sustainable infrastructure.
· 80% of your time will be spent on sales related activities (learning how to prospect, go-to-market, build B2B relationships, on-the-job training and shadowing, etc.), 10% of your time with be spent with the Engineering and Operations departments (solutions design and implementation), and 10% of your time will be spent with the service department of our Syracuse Branch, focusing on the sales related tasks to deliver on-going services to Siemens customers.
· You will get experience rotating through our core business segments, which include energy efficiency, renewable energy and energy storage, and decarbonization services.
· The goal of this internship program is to develop future talent for the Siemens organization and help you identify where you may be interested in pursuing a career at Siemens post-graduation.
Responsibilities working alongside current Sales Managers and Account Executives to:
· Position Siemens as an industry leader among energy service companies, leveraging Siemens comprehensive solution expertise and partnership approach as a key differentiator.
· Collaborate with operations and internal teams to deliver excellent customer outcomes.
· Help prospect for new customers and engage with existing customers on new offerings.
· Visit customer sites with both sales and engineering colleagues.
· Develop value-based proposals, estimates, and presentations. Work with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources to obtain the sale.
· Actively participate in sales department meetings, workshops, and seminars to stay knowledgeable on current market, business, and product trends.
You’ll win us over by having the following qualifications:
· Education / Majors: Current junior undergraduates pursuing a BA/BS from an accredited college or university and majoring in Business/Management/Marketing/Sales, Environmental Science, Engineering Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, with strong technical/financial/engineering aptitude (preferred)
· Availability: 40 hours per week from May/June to July/August 2024
· Location: Position is remote combined with frequent in-person work in Central and Western NY. Ideal location is within 50 miles of Ithaca, NY.
· Prior internship, co-op or related work experience (preferred)
· Demonstrated leadership potential
· Strong analytical, writing, presentation and critical-thinking skills
· Industry knowledge and/or interest
· Work Authorization: Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a continual and permanent basis without company sponsorship.
· Business and management majors who are interested in Sustainability and Sales are HIGHLY ENCOURAGED to apply.
You’ll benefit from:
The hourly pay range for this position is $22 – $26 per hour, based off of your projected graduation year. The actual wage offered may be lower or higher depending on budget and candidate experience, knowledge, skills, qualifications, and premium geographic location. Additionally, interns for Siemens are eligible to contribute into our 401K program.
Work-based learning experience in the fields of clean energy, climate finance, smart buildings, beneficial electrification, New York State climate policy, sustainability implementation on higher education campuses and more.