The Staff Accountant position is a key role within a close-knit Finance team. We are looking for a true team player to step in and make an immediate impact. Ideal candidates will be a recent college graduate with an Accounting degree, intermediate Excel skills and a desire to learn and grow with SI2 Technologies. Key responsibilities include:
· Manage Accounts Payable by comparing vendor invoices to purchase orders, investigate any differences, assign proper general ledger coding, entry into the Unanet accounting system and processing checks.
· Manage Accounts Receivables; including the creation of invoices within the Unanet system, submission to customers and perform collection follow-up on past-due accounts
· Participating in the monthly general ledger close process, including preparation of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and other accounting schedules.
· Assist with ad hoc activities within Fixed Assets, General Ledger and Product Line Teams
· Maintain Accounting policies and procedures
This entry-level role presents an opportunity for an emerging accounting professional to learn and gain exposure to multiple accounting areas and to establish oneself within a growing organization. As a member of the finance team, you must demonstrate, model and reinforce SI2’s core values. Financially, you will support the integrity of the financial accounting, the associated reporting, and ensure compliance. Other financial responsibilities include cashflow management, month and year end close, and government contracting requirements.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA a plus
· 0 – 2 years of accounting experience
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Small business experience
· Government Contracting experience
· Experience with Unanet ERP system
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications:
· US citizenship is required.
· Must have good organizational skills; be self-motivated, detail-oriented, enjoy teamwork and excel in a dynamic environment.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.