Internship Opportunity at Shriners Hospitals for Children — Boston
51 Blossom Street, Boston, MA 02114
Video Production Intern
Marketing and Communications Dept.
September – December 2021
Approx. 15 hours/week on Tuesdays, Thursdays and/or Fridays, with some limited flexibility
Stipend: $1,500 with half paid midpoint and half paid at the conclusion of the internship
This position will give you the opportunity to work for one of the world’s premier pediatric specialty hospitals. Shriners Hospitals for Children in Boston is a one of a kind facility that provides comprehensive burn care, plastic, reconstructive and laser surgery, and cleft lip and palate care to patients regardless of their families’ ability to pay.
We are looking for interns to assist in marketing and public relations. Students in TV, Film, Media Arts Production, Public Relations, Marketing, and other Communication disciplines are encouraged to apply.
- Create video content of patients, staff and events for social media, website and other uses.
- Edit promotional video material including advertisements and PSA’s.
- Photograph hospital events and individuals for newsletter and web stories.
- Develop patient/hospital stories and other content for website, social media channels and other publications.
- Assist with event planning and production; manage photo consents.
- Assist in production of brochures, fliers and other promotional materials.
Skills and Experience
Social media experience, effective oral and written communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with the staff are important. Ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously. Requires self-direction, tact, diplomacy, and a clear, courteous and professional manner. Office experience a plus. Experience in video production using DSLR cameras, lavaliere microphones, and minimal lighting required. Must be able to shoot as well as edit video.
Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
For more information please contact Jeanne McCue at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-371-4840.