What Your Job Will Be Like
We are seeking an Intern – Business UG Year Round.
As a Business Intern in Sandia’s Business Solutions Group, you will contribute to a wide variety of business and financial activities while building professional experience and impacting Sandia’s national security missions. You will work closely with our team of business partners to support financial and project management intitiatives. Throughout your internship, you will receive training and mentorship to enhance your learning experience and prepare you for a career as a business professional.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Support technical partners on work with our federal sponsors/customers
- Provide analysis and recommendations for business decisions
- Work with technical partners to find solutions for their business needs
- Manage a supply chain business need
- Provide assistance in managing project schedules or budget
- Support contract and project assurance processes
- Partner with the business team on improvement initiative planning and rollout out
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
Sandia demonstrates its commitment to public safety in the national interest by requiring that all new hires be fully vaccinated or have an approved medical or religious accommodation before commencing employment. The requirement also applies to those who are telecommuting and working virtually.
Any concerns about the ability to meet this requirement should be directed to HR Solutions at (505) 284-4700.
This posting will be open for application submissions for a minimum of seven (7) calendar days, including the ‘posting date’. Sandia reserves the right to extend the posting date at any time.
Qualifications We Require
You bring the confidence and skills to be eligible for the job by meeting these minimum requirements:
- Currently attending and enrolled full time in a related accredited undergraduate program
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Ability to work up to 25 hours per week during the academic year, and up to 40 hours per week during the summer
- U.S. citizenship
Qualifications We Desire
- Good communication skills
- Understanding of Microsoft Excel or Word
- Ability to learn new tools
- Ability to work within a team environment
About Our Team
The Mission Business Solutions team serves the nation by delivering integrated business, project and operational solutions for mission success. We strive to be an empowered and inspired team that sets the standard for excellence in business project management. Our responsibilities include end-to-end project management, financial controls, and operational support to various national security mission areas as well as our internal operational teams.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
• Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
• Extraordinary co-workers
• Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
• Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
• Flexible work arrangements for many positions include 9/80 (work 80 hours every two weeks, with every other Friday off) and 4/10 (work 4 ten-hour days each week) compressed workweeks, part-time work, and telecommuting (a mix of onsite work and working from home)
• Generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.