Ropes Wealth Advisors LLC (“Ropes Wealth”) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ropes & Gray LLP and a registered investment adviser with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Ropes Wealth provides investment management, custody coordination, and financial planning services to high-net-worth individuals, inter-generational families, and their related entities. Ropes Wealth works closely with Ropes & Gray’s Private Client Group, which provides legal and fiduciary services, to offer integrated and coordinated wealth management to clients.
The financial planning team at Ropes Wealth provides holistic and comprehensive financial planning services to clients as an essential part of the firm’s integrated and coordinated wealth management offering.
The Financial Analyst will work directly with the financial planning team to assist in preparing financial projections, implementing financial plans, addressing client needs, and maintaining client relationships.
· Assist the financial planning team in collecting, organizing, and compiling client data. Data gathering may take place in person, over the phone or electronically. Data may be collected directly from the client or from the client’s advisors.
· Review client data and enter into firm applications.
· Prepare net worth summary, cash flow summary, life insurance summary, asset allocation analyses, and other relevant analyses as needed. Print and prepare materials to present to clients.
· Assist in presenting materials to clients in person or electronically.
· Assist in implementing and monitoring investment plans for clients. Work with Ropes Wealth investment team to analyze asset allocation of client portfolios.
· Work with outside advisors such as asset managers, life insurance brokers, property and casualty brokers, tax preparers, and mortgage brokers to implement other aspects of the financial plan.
· Assist the financial planning team with market research, client processing, and preparing marketing literature for prospective clients.
· Assist in drafting financial planning newsletters.
· Help maintain client contact. Answer client questions and address client needs as they arise.
· Comply with all internal procedures, policies, and regulatory standards.
· Other tasks as necessary to provide strong support to a growing and evolving business.
The candidate for this position must have the ability to:
· Work under pressure and within stringent deadlines.
· Work with a diverse group to attain common goals.
· Be a proactive self-starter.
· Be flexible in order to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities.
· Plan, organize, and carry out multiple related activities.
· Pay attention to detail and follow up on outstanding items.
· Communicate with clients, co-workers, and the professional advisory community in person, by mail, and on the telephone.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Excellent organizational skills with sharp attention to detail.
· Ability to work independently.
· Time management skills to manage multiple client engagements simultaneously.
· Computer skills, particularly an ability to work with Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Salesforce and financial planning software is a plus.
· Strong numerical and analytical skills.
· Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills to interact with co-workers, other professional advisors, and clients.
· A Bachelor’s degree.
· Series 65 license or willingness to obtain within 6 months of hire. If candidate is working toward becoming a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ™, this requirement is waived.
Normal office environment. Occasional meetings outside the office, usually at client’s home or office, or office of third-party advisor.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
Send Resume and Cover Letter to Winfield.Grimm@ropeswealth.com.