Full Time – Global Development Program: Ultrasound Marketing – Cambridge, MA – 2021 (Req. 390312)
Are you interested in a full time opportunity with Philips? We welcome individuals who are currently pursuing (or have recently completed) an undergraduate (BS) or (MS) degree to apply to our Graduate Development Program at our Cambridge, MA location. Through this role you will gain meaningful, hands-on experience in business and marketing for a HealthTech company.
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based or remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Join the Philips Global Development Program, in which you will be fulfilling up to 3 challenging assignments in different areas within Philips over two years. A tailored learning journey will be offered over the course of the program, as well as ongoing ‘learning on the job’ and learning from each other by leveraging the power of the global graduate cohort. Whether you want to stay close to your core or explore new areas, or anywhere else in between. Whether you want to work towards becoming a specialist or a generalist; whether you want to work in the field of complex medical devices, connected care or personal health: you get the opportunity to explore, contribute, learn and receive support while doing so.
Benefit from many opportunities to learn and share with other Philips graduates and employees, while expanding your business network. After two years of accelerated learning and gaining valuable experience, you are again in the driver seat of your next step. Working together you will get the chance to use the network you have built, and your Career Center experience, to find the perfect next step in your Philips career.
During the Development Program you will be building Marketing Competencies and responsible for key projects in areas such as
· Value Proposition Creation – Creating compelling value propositions that include claims and address customers’ needs and economic drivers.
· Market Assessment & Insights – Capture market data, complete competitive analysis, synthesize the voice of the customer, translate into customer insights
· Marketing Communications – Develop launch plans and materials, prioritize marketing tactics, develop communications for trade shows, sales forces and digital campaigns.
· Value Based Pricing – Develop robust pricing strategies that sets price based on perceived benefits and competition.
· Offer Design – Translate customer insights into product requirements, long-term road map, and portfolio strategy.
In addition, we are focused on building leadership competencies in the areas of
Teaming up to win
• Participates constructively and willingly as a team player, including adapting own position for the good of the team.
• Has robust dialogues, soliciting other’s contributions to come to productive conclusions and decisions.
• Always prioritizes his/her work to deliver on customer commitments.
• Cares deeply to deliver a great customer experience; seeks feedback to identify pain points to improve on.
Take ownership to deliver fast
• Takes personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and failures.
• Identifies issues, explores root causes and pro-actively ensures quick resolution.
Eager to improve and inspire
• Learns from experience, reflects, actively seeks and gives feedback to improve.
• Applies LEAN practices in own team.
• Suggests simple, effective ways of working; cuts wasteful activities that don’t add value and inspires others to improve.
You are responsible for
· Product proposition development – Facilitating external market research study to understand needs driving future innovation for ultrasound
· Community management – Creation of web-based user community of customers, focus areas include training, sharing solution information and best practices
· Portfolio analysis – user research, internal workshops and data analysis to create recommendations for portfolio
· Customer engagement – develop and execute content strategy including webinars, videos, physician-led content accentuating key benefits of our solutions]
· Competitive intelligence – leading the collection, synthesis, and distribution of global competitive playbooks across product categories to international markets
You are a part of
The Global Ultrasound Business Marketing team assigned to one of the General Imaging, Cardiovascular or Business Development teams, with a focus on bringing innovation to market and delivering what matters to our customers most.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Recent or upcoming graduate with bachelor’s or master’s degree in Marketing, Business, International Business or similar
- Previous internship or coop experience a plus
- Passion for healthcare as an industry and making an impact
- Previous marketing experience an asset
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, so you can persuade colleagues at all ranks in the organization
- International experience or an international mindset
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, eager and ambitious
- Speak and write fluent English
In return, we offer you
- Work for an employer whose activities have a major impact on people all over the world;
- Discover how you can actively contribute to innovations that matter;
- Launch and steer your career in an environment with an astonishing diversity of nationalities, skills and backgrounds;
- Learn about different parts of the organization;
- Strengthen your capabilities and knowledge;
- Build a great international network.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to Cambridge, MA.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran