You’re about to take the next big step. You’ll be at the intersection of technology and healthcare, about to create the next incredible solution. If you want to advance your learning in a technology environment that’s always pushing the envelope, you’ve come to the right place. The technology group at Optum, part of UnitedHealth Group’s thriving family of businesses, is a team of 22,000 people who are passionate about making a difference by using technology to help improve the lives of millions and make health care work better for all.
The Technology Development Program (TDP) is a year-long program that offers the option of 2 six-month rotations, after which you will select a graduation placement position. TDP consists of roles in a variety of domains which are highlighted in more detail below. As a TDP Associate, you’ll partner with teams within one of our technology functions engaging in life-changing work. You’ll be leveraging modern technologies to transform and improve health care with a focus on simplification, enablement, enhancement, and modernization. In addition to challenging work, TDP also offers a development curriculum, networking, and collaboration opportunities, as well as mentoring from experienced technology professionals and leaders.
Key Information Regarding this Program:
- The following are tracks where candidates may be placed. Please note that track placement is dependent on business need and market/location availability:
- Back-End Software Engineering
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Data Engineering
- Front-End Software Engineering
- Platform Engineering
- Product Management
- TDP will be offering multiple start dates for 2022 which you are able to choose from, depending on your graduation and what works best with your schedule/plans:
- January 24, 2022
- May 23, 2022
- July 18, 2022
- September 19, 2022
- Sponsorship is not available for this position.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Data Science, Mathematics, other Engineering degree, IT, MIS, other technology related fields, or a specialized certificate in a technology related field/bootcamp
- Currently in final year of obtaining a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited college/university or tech certification (tech bootcamp), or obtained degree/certification within the last 24 months
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. F-1 visa holders with Curricular Practical Training (CPT) or Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require visa sponsorship, TN visa holders, current H-1B visa holders, and/or those requiring green card sponsorship will not be considered
- Proficient in one or more coding languages (Example: Python, Java, C, SQL, .NET)
- Involvement in any additional technical activities (Robotics, Comp. Science/Tech clubs, Tech or Engineering side projects, GitHub, etc.) and/or tech related employment experience
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.