ABOUT OUR MISSION:
Optics 1 is a global leader in full-service design and production of electro-optic and navigation systems. Leveraging core competencies in defense technologies, Optics 1 provides unmatched, first-class mission solutions for military and law enforcement personnel.
We have a high-paced, high-energy environment focused on acknowledging individual and team successes, as well as overall growth. Optics 1 is a community that cares about the mission of our customers. Our team believes in supporting and enriching our community through engagement; whether that means giving back to our troops, veterans and their families, investing in next generation innovators through STEM education, or higher education initiatives, giving back is an important part of who we are as a team.
We are united by a unique culture and commitment to provide the highest quality products to those who serve.
The 2024 Software Engineering Intern will support the team working systems through all stages of product life cycle, from software specifications to design, coding, unit and integration testing, as well as maintain the pertinent software development documentation.
- As part of the Software Engineering team, provide/learn technical expertise in design and development of embedded software for a variety of military sensor and laser range-finder systems
- Support design, code and debug applications in various software languages
- Develop and support Engineering and Configuration Control processes specific to software development, software release revision control, and pre-planned product improvement initiatives
- Support software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis
- Support engineering documents to include SW development plans, SW design documentation, and SW qualification plans/procedures
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or demonstrated relevant experience
- Programming languages (Windows Platforms): C, C++
- Ability to integrate hardware and software to develop complete systems
- Ability to test and troubleshoot software experience using revision control software such as SVN, Git, etc
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization, presentation and customer relationship skills
- Ability to multitask
- Demonstrated leadership skills while having the ability to be a team player
- US Citizenship or Permanent Resident.
IDEALLY, YOU’LL ALSO HAVE:
- Experience in designing and programming real time, multithreaded C/C++ code
- Experience with Object Oriented Design with C++ in an embedded environment
- Experience with Real Time Operating Systems such as FreeRTOS or Embedded Linux based systems
- Experience writing and maintaining system-level tests for embedded hardware
- Experience in developing graphical user interfaces for embedded systems
- Experience with scripting languages and automated testing
- Experience with SoC SDKs (Xilinx Zynq / Zynq UltraScale+ Vivado and/or Microsemi SmartFusion 2 SoC Libero)
- Familiarity with the Agile software development approach
- Experience working in a diverse multinational engineering organization
- Experience working in an ITAR environment
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
EOE/AA/M/F/Vets – US Protected Individual status required (US citizen, lawful permanent resident, asylee, refugee or temporary resident (as defined at 8 USC 1160(a).