Founded in 1955, and franchised to run thoroughbred racing at New York’s three major tracks (Aqueduct Racetrack, Belmont Park, and Saratoga Race Course) through 2033, the New York Racing Association’s mission is “Meeting the highest standards in thoroughbred racing and equine safety.”
With a lineage of nearly 150 years, NYRA tracks are the cornerstone of New York State’s thoroughbred industry, which contributes more than $2 billion annually to its urban, suburban and rural economy.
In 2014, more than 1.7 million people attended live races at NYRA tracks. Factoring in nationwide off-track wagering, the average daily betting handle on NYRA races totaled more than $10 million. For more information, visit NYRA.com.
In becoming part of The New York Racing Association family, you are joining the thoroughbred industry’s most prestigious organization. The talent, passion and vision of our creative and highly dedicated employees are our greatest asset; they share a commitment to excellence and set a standard for quality and safety and maximizing the guest experience.
NYRA has a vast network of websites, including www.nyra.com, www.belmontstakes.com and www.nyragroupsales.com. You can also follow NYRA on social media platforms Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
NYRA offers a competitive salary, 401K and benefit package, plus an attractive work/life balance. Visit us on the web at www.nyra.com.
Basic Accountability and Responsibility:
The Corporate Partnerships, Account Executive contacts potential sponsors to initiate the selling process; Creates sales proposals for presentation to prospective sponsors. Sells corporate sponsorships at NYRA facilities and events to increase sponsorship sales revenue and meet annual goals. Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the sponsor’s needs and objectives; Calling or visiting potential sponsors to solicit and secure a sales contract.
Coordinates sponsorship activation at NYRA facilities to ensure client satisfaction and adherence to contractual requirements for one’s own booked business, as well as assisting Director, Corporate Partnerships as needed with activation planning and execution.
Ability to approach and maintain active partners and potential sponsorship prospects, prepare and deliver sales presentations to increase sponsorship sales revenue and meet annual sales goal, conduct on-track activations and fulfill contract requirements, which involves:
- Independently researching and determining prospective clients that impact NYRA’s Corporate Partnership team sales goal.
- Researching and developing new business leads to grow year over year sponsorship sales. New business goals are established on a yearly basis by the Director of Corporate Partnerships.
- Maintaining regular contact with current sponsors to ensure their satisfaction and determine growth opportunities, i.e. which new or additional NYRA sponsorship products should be presented.
- Contacting potential sponsors to initiate the selling process; Independently develops and creates content of sales presentations by studying the sponsor’s needs and objectives; Calling or visiting potential sponsors to discuss sponsorship opportunities and to solicit and secure a sales commitment to fulfill annual sales goal.
- Fulfilling of contract requirements that are independently developed.
- Developing detailed sales proposals, individualized to specific client, using Nielsen and other research tools, video and photography.
- Designing sponsorship activation packages utilizing creativity and the available inventory of NYRA signage, events, mobile app, social, digital, TV and print media offerings.
- Providing weekly reporting on sales pipeline to document all active leads and booked business.
- Supervising and directing on outside vendors, temporary employees, track events and contests; hosting current and prospective sponsors at NYRA facilities, conducting paddock tours, winner’s circle trophy presentations.
- ·Checking calendar to determine if facilities are available and coordinating activation details with all relevant NYRA personnel including security, events, racing, and operations.
- Scheduling sponsorship media and ensuring media elements are received and executed by NYRA TV, FS2 producers, as well as digital and social media specialists.
- Coordinating work with other areas, e.g. food and beverage and facilities, to ensure an efficient and continuous flow of work and high levels of client satisfaction.
- Assisting Director, Corporate Partnerships as needed with arrangements for on-track sponsor events under the terms of sponsorship contracts, commission reports and overall contracts.
- Resolving sponsor complaints by investigating problems and informing Director, Corporate Partnerships; developing solutions; preparing reports;
Education (minimum): Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Experience: 2 years of successful experience in media or event sponsorship sales with demonstrated ability to meet sales goals.
Other: Selling and interpersonal skills, highly professional appearance and business dress standard for dealing with clients in face-to-face meetings. Ability to work a racing schedule including holidays and weekends, and to relocate to Saratoga Springs, NY in the summer months (travel stipend provided) Proficient in social media scheduling and analytics, computer literacy, in particular competency with digital sales tools, television ratings and production, PowerPoint, and Adobe, as well as Excel and purchasing databases. Driver’s license required.