Provides support to Incident Communications Management to assist with communications during cross-departmental incidents to ensure that all business units and employees at Navy Federal receive pertinent information during these events in a timely manner. Gain valuable insight into Navy Federal’s business, technology, resources, and procedures by providing support in major incident management and communication by applying knowledge and education. Participate in a collaborative, team-driven network, and interact with multiple stakeholders and departments.
** To qualify for the Summer Internship Program, applicants must be currently pursuing an associates, undergraduate, or graduate degree from an accredited college or university and have an anticipated graduation date of August 2022 or later. **
- Provide support to Incident Communications Management; may work independently on small projects or collaborate on larger projects
- Conceptualize, craft, and distribute clear, accurate and concise communications
- Participate in post-incident action review meetings with business stakeholders to improve communication processes and procedures; ensure incident details are gathered and appropriately documented to support post-incident communication reviews
- Participate in process improvement forums with business partners to develop joint communication tactics
- Work with business unit SMEs across the organization to develop an understanding of their functions and processes
- Measure effectiveness of communications activities to drive continuous improvement; recommend improvements to management as appropriate
- Archive all major incident and post-incident review documents and reports for reference during future incidents
- Assist business units with organizing and documenting the cost of specific incidents
- Assist with develop communications strategy, processes and procedures, and determine communication vehicles to be utilized during incidents (e.g., Win 10 Pop-Up messages, Status Page, e-mail, text, etc.)
- Maintain knowledge of industry best practices, trends and issues to ensure communication readiness in the event of incidents
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be pursuing a degree from an accredited college/university
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Effective skill presenting findings, conclusions, alternatives and information clearly and concisely
- Effective skill maintaining accuracy with attention to detail and meeting deadlines
- Ability to exercise initiative and good judgment to make sound decisions
- Ability to adapt to new technologies
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Ability to collaborate and build partnerships across functions
- Effective word processing and presentation software skills
- Effective organizational, planning and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Desired – Strong academic record as evidenced by a 3.5 or higher GPA
- Desired – Knowledge of current trends and best practices in communications
- Desired – Pursing a degree in Communications, Public Relations, or related field
Address: 820 Follin Ln Vienna, VA 22180
*Due to COVID-19 and social distancing, this position will be temporarily working from home with plans to return to campus at the desired location listed once Navy Federal is back to normal operations. The specific logistics for returning to campus will be determined at a future date by individual leadership. All interns will be expected to report to campus once we resume campus operations.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 40 hours/week
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
As a COVID-19 safety measure, our employees must either provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or follow additional safety protocols, including testing.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.