Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That’s because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation’s toughest challenges—and we’re committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We’re making a difference every day—working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE—and make a difference with us.
MITRE’s Finance organization is seeking entry-level business professionals to participate in Cohort 5 of their Finance Rotation Program. The rotational program aims to develop individual’s corporate finance knowledge and analytical/problem solving skills through rotational assignments spanning MITRE’s Finance divisions – consisting of MITRE Public Sector Finance Business Management, MITRE National Security Finance Business Management, MITRE Labs Finance Business Management, Enterprise Financial Planning and Analysis, Decision & Investment Support, Contracts and Acquisitions Management, Corporate Accounting, Enterprise Business Systems, and Treasury & Investments. As a cohort member, you will play a key role in managing the business functions that maximize MITRE’s value to our government sponsors. The variety and breadth of these rotational experiences will provide candidates a rich learning environment to grow their business acumen and advance their career at MITRE.
Potential responsibilities include:
- Prepare and maintain direct and indirect budgets at various organizational levels
- Analyze and diagnose business drivers and variances to budget using various financial systems
- Communicate financial results effectively with powerful visual narratives and story-telling
- Develop financial projections using various methods and techniques
- Coordinate activities and information sharing with Business Partners, Sponsors and Leadership
- Partner with Leadership to facilitate data-driven decision making
- Define and interpret corporate policy as related to contract commitments and performance
- Produce accurate and timely financial statements and manage recurring accounting processes
- Identify problems and then source and collaborate to solve them
- Academic excellence with financial or quantitative interest/competence
- Passion for learning
- Resourceful self-starter
- Creative problem-solver
- Mindset of continuous improvement
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Flexible team player with ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to work across varying groups and organizational levels
- MITRE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. MITRE recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual identity, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status.