The Junior Trader assists the Global Trading Team in facilitating trades and improving the operational ease of trading, while developing trading skills and relationships. The Junior Trader will primarily focus on credit, currency and rates markets.
- Backs up traders across a diverse range of asset classes, including, but not limited to, currency, money markets and credit.
- Develops internal and external relationships with Portfolio Managers, Analysts, Traders and Sales teams. Contributes to improvements in how information is sourced, consumed and distributed internally to improve access to liquidity opportunities and to seek best execution.
- Develops trading skills, including negotiation and relationship building skills.
- Works closely with the Systematic Trading Team, Trading Solutions Strategist, Global Technology and Investment Operations teams to incorporate technology and analytics, and improve workflows, for Global Trading. Develops analytic and quantitative skills accordingly.
- Works closely with the Trading Assistants to improve efficiencies and scale across the teams, including assisting with training and development of the Trading Assistants, and with front-to-back processing of trades.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 2-5 years relevant experience in, or understanding of, fixed income markets.
- Familiarity with the MFS investment and trading operations processes.
- Knowledge of Charles River, Bloomberg and analytics platforms a plus.
- Ability to interact effectively in a demanding, fast-paced environment. Ability to multi-task and prioritize job responsibilities accordingly.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings, as well as travel to attend internal and external meetings.