Internal Communications, Media Relations & Corporate Events Full Time Analyst Opportunity
If you like storytelling and engaging with internal and external stakeholders, we have great roles for you. As an Analyst on the Internal Communications, Media Relations or Corporate Events teams, you will play an important role in supporting how the firm shares information and engages with external constituents and employees.
You’ll collaborate with our top-tier communications and events professionals to shape the narrative of the firm’s businesses and initiatives and to keep our employees in the know with the information they need. You’ll have the opportunity to make meaningful contributions, while developing your professional expertise in a dynamic team environment.
Working here means joining a collaborative, supportive team. We want your diverse perspective to help us deliver solutions for our internal and external stakeholders. We’ll give you what you need to succeed including mentoring, access to senior leaders and projects that engage all your skills.
What to expect
As a first year Analyst you’ll get hands-on experience and learn the foundations of what it means to be a communicator or events planner at the firm. As a member of the Internal Communications or Media Relations team, you’ll gain first-hand experience of our global communications and engagement ecosystem including our channels, tools and media planning process. As a member of the Corporate Events team, you’ll support the global team on foundational planning tasks and partner with planners and colleagues on a variety of best in class events.
You’ll be placed as a member on one of the following teams where you’ll work in one of the following functional groups:
• Internal Communications – Work with experienced communications professionals on content development, channel management and executive communications for the firm’s senior leaders and employees.
• Media Relations – Learn from world-class media professionals on developing and managing media plans, developing talking points and key messages for our spokespeople and conducting media coverage research.
• Events – Partner with our professional planners to deliver events for our clients inside and outside the firm, ranging from large investor conferences to intimate roundtable dinner discussions to sports & entertainment sponsorships.
And we’ll make sure that you are fully supported with mentoring, networking and skills building opportunities.
Locations you may join:
• New York Metro (including Jersey City)
• Columbus, OH
• Washington, DC
• Wilmington, DE
We are looking for highly-motivated individuals who have a passion for communications, media relations or event planning that will help the firm tell its story.
• Pursuing a B.A., B.S., or 5th year M.A. or M.S., with an expected graduation date between December 2020 and August 2021
• A well-rounded academic background preferred minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
• All majors considered with a preference for communications, marketing, and public relations
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic and collaborative work environment
• Highly organized with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent leadership, teamwork and interpersonal skills
• Excellent oral and written skills – a writing test will be administered for Communication roles
• Absolute discretion when dealing with confidential client details
• Relentless focus on client service
• Fluency across social media channels
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Excel (organizing data, producing reports), Word (mail merges, formatting), PowerPoint (basic formatting) and photoshop
• Relevant internship experience and leadership in school or community organizations
• Ability to support local events as well as travel when needed
• Event planning industry knowledge and/or prior experience is beneficial but not required
• Candidates must be authorized to work permanently in the U.S.
+ To be eligible for this program, you must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis. We do not offer any type of employment-based immigration sponsorship for this program. Likewise, JPMorgan Chase & Co., will not provide any assistance or sign any documentation in support of any other form of immigration sponsorship or benefit including optional practical training (OPT) or curricular practical training (CPT.)
At JPMorgan Chase, we’re creating positive change for the diverse communities we serve. We do this by championing your innovative ideas through a supportive culture that helps you every step of the way as you build your career. If you’re passionate, curious, and ready to make an impact, we’re looking for you.
Help us learn about you by submitting a complete and thoughtful application, which includes your resume. Your application and resume are ways for us to initially get to know you, so it’s important to complete all relevant application questions so we have as much information about you as possible.
After you confirm your application, we will review it to determine whether you meet certain required qualifications.
If you are advanced to the next step of the process, you’ll receive an email invitation to complete a series of 12 games through the pymetrics platform. pymetrics will allow you to showcase your potential beyond what you tell us in your resume and application form. It’s an additional data point that helps us gain a better understanding of who you are as an individual. It should take no longer than 25-35 minutes to complete. If you have already completed the pymetrics games, you will have the opportunity to submit your gameplay results for this specific application without having to replay the games.
Following completion of pymetrics, you’ll receive another email invitation to complete a video interview, powered by HireVue. This is your opportunity to further bring your resume to life and showcase your experience for our recruiting team and hiring managers.
Both pymetrics and HireVue are required, and your application will not be considered for further review until you have completed them. We strongly encourage that you apply and complete these required elements as soon as possible, since hiring will close as positions are filled.
JPMorgan Chase is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that respects all people for their unique skills, backgrounds and professional experiences. We strive to hire qualified, diverse candidates, and we will provide reasonable accommodations for known disabilities.
Visit jpmorganchase.com/careers for upcoming events, career advice, our locations and more.
©2021 JPMorgan Chase & Co. All rights reserved. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.