Join us on-site for a day exploring careers as an actuary! Actuarial Campus Connect Day will take place on Friday, March 27, 2020 at John Hancock. This is an opportunity for students with strong mathematics and statistics aptitude to join us and learn about the actuarial profession.
Who Should Register?
We are targeting freshmen, sophomores and juniors from New England based universities considering a career in Actuarial Science.
Why Attend Connect Day?
We have updated our agenda to make it an even more rewarding experience for students. This is a free full-day event (8:30am - 4:00pm) with multiple events including panel discussions with various actuaries across the organization, facilitated networking, career trajectory narratives, tour of buildings, career fair, and case studies. Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Co-op, Internship and New Graduate opportunities will also be explored during this event. To maintain our leadership role as one of the largest and most professional life insurance companies in North America, Manulife, operating as John Hancock in the United States, strives to hire exceptional students from university actuarial programs. At John Hancock, Actuarial students are given the opportunity to gain exposure to key actuarial disciplines including pricing, valuation, investments, risk management and financial modeling. As an Actuarial student, you will develop technical expertise, business integrity, strong leadership skills and breadth of knowledge. You will have an opportunity to work with a highly skilled team of actuaries and other professionals in a supportive learning environment, affording you the technical and business skills development you need in today's competitive environment.
Qualifications for an Actuarial career at John Hancock:
- Strong university GPA with success in relevant courses
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with both technical and non-technical team members
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills, with the ability to be an innovative thinker and understand the "big picture"
- High energy, results oriented self-starter, with the ability to achieve under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Familiarity with the Society of Actuaries (SOA) qualification process
- Strong working knowledge of Excel; programming skills are an asset
- Other actuarial or financial internships considered an asset
The student experience we have to offer:
- Build a network of fellow students on co-op/internship assignments
- Opportunity to volunteer and give back to the community
- Attend events on a monthly basis with guest speakers from various departments within our organization to further develop your skills as a professional
- Learn about our culture and core values
If you are interested in attending Campus Connect Day, please register and a campus recruiter will be in touch regarding next steps!
See what our students are saying about working at Manulife/John Hancock:
How to Apply
Event link with option to register: