As our Internal Audit Co-Op you will work as an important member of the Internal Audit team, responsible for the planning and execution of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) work. You will also help the team deliver business process improvements and complete other audits as necessary. The timeframe for this role is August to December of 2021, full-time in our Bedford, MA office. Students are not required to be in office everyday but will be expected to periodically visit the office.
What You Will Do:
- Assist in the development of narrative descriptions, flowcharts, and other audit related documentation identifying control points within business processes.
- Provide input to the development of audit programs and test plans and the development of workpapers. This position also requires the testing of internal controls and executing established test plans.
- Provide assistance in performing SOX testing, including reviews of documentation, development of client request lists, enhancing current SOX workpapers.
- Learn and execute data analytic procedures for auditing data such as expense reports
- Analyze data obtained for evidence of possible deficiencies in controls, duplication of effort, fraud, or lack of compliance with laws, government regulations, and management policies or procedures.
- Develop and assist in implementing recommendations to improve internal controls and operational processes.
- Interact with all levels of employees within the company.
- Complete other audits and special projects as required.
To Be Successful You Will Have:
- Been working towards a Bachelors or Masters Degree in Finance, Accounting, MIS or Business
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 cumulative grade point average and/or 3.0 grade point average in your major
- Basic PC skills and be able to use spreadsheet, and word processing software such as Word, Excel
- Must demonstrate and maintain an extremely high regard for confidential and sensitive information
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are reqired
- Strong analytical skills and willingness to learn
- Ability to work independently and take initiative as well as act as a team player