The HR intern provides administrative support to the HR function (e.g., correspondence generation, record keeping, file maintenance, HRIS entry).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with administering health and welfare plans, including enrollments and terminations.
- Completes reports for management as requested.
- Maintains employee records.
- Maintains and updates employee data.
- Assists with writing, revising, editing, and proofreading company policies and procedures and related documents as needed. Uses email, the company bulletin board, and other vehicles to communicate information.
- Assists with scheduling and communicating employment interviews and other recruiting activities.
- Assists with facilitation of completion of applicant requirements.
- Assists with collecting and distributing mail and messages. Operates mail machine. Assists with maintaining appropriate balance in mail machine and maintaining postage supplies.
- Performs a variety of office duties as directed by supervisor, including duties for other departments.
- Assists with the ACA and other benefits reporting requirements.
- Assists with preparation of the annual affirmative action plan.
- Prepares reports related to EEO compliance or other HR functions.
- Assists employees with successful completion of training requirements.
- Assists with facilitating company activities and communications.
- Assists with performing receptionist and front desk security duties to include necessary coverage.
- Assists with greeting and screening all visitors for safety and security purposes.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for creating a professional, safe, and clean environment evidenced by: being at work on time to perform assigned duties, following the policies of Granite State Manufacturing, always wearing safety glasses in designated areas, maintaining a neat and orderly work area, and following safety practices to prevent errors.
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by establishing effective relationships and networks with both managers/directors and workers, and collaborating with them to accomplish shared purposes and goals.
- Abides by GSM Code of Ethics and Business Conduct standards and strictly observes all U.S. and foreign laws and regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Working toward completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or similar discipline, two years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with HRIS, ERP and other menu driven systems.
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, email systems and scheduling.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things. Has ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.