ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Good Sports is a non-profit organization that gives kids the lifelong benefits of sport and physical activity by providing new equipment, apparel, and footwear to those most in need. Founded in 2003 with a donation of 500 basketballs, Good Sports has grown into a national organization that has donated over $72 million worth of equipment to give over 8 million kids a chance to play.
When you join Good Sports, you will find a rewarding, supportive and results-oriented environment. We are driven by our mission and motivated by the impact we are achieving. Good Sports looks for committed individuals who are problem solvers and team players.
Good Sports is looking for a motivated learner who is willing to take on challenges and join our growing team as a Finance Associate. The Associate will provide support to the Vice President, Finance to meet all financial and accounting goals.
Accounts Payable/Receivable (70%)
- Review daily all accounts payable invoices, ensuring invoices are properly coded, approved timely and submitted for payment
- Record and remotely deposit daily cash receipts, ensuring receipts are properly coded for restriction and deposited timely
- Assist the Fundraising and Business Development Team to establish and maintain customer records
- Track employee credit card usage, ensuring expenses are properly coded and supported by credit card receipts
- Suggest and implement operational efficiencies and improvements
- Assist the Vice President, Finance in performing the monthly reconciliations of general ledger accounts such as accounts payable/receivable, prepaid expenses, fixed assets, and accruals
- Assist the Vice President, Finance in performing the monthly close and preparation of financial statements through imports of trial balance and profit & loss statements
- Work closely with the warehouse team to ensure the proper and timely recording of equipment donations
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of fixed assets records including depreciation
- Maintain organized and accurate financial records
- Research information requests and respond to issues involving accounting
- Work closely with internal departments/teams to provide accounting support and information when requested
- Assist the Vice President, Finance with the annual audit process and prepare supporting schedules of G/L activities
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS and ATTRIBUTES
- Passionate about the mission of Good Sports
- An Associate’s Degree (or higher) in accounting or business, or 1-2 years of experience in a similar role, or a combination of education and experience. Experience working in small organizations, and in the non-profit sector is a plus.
- A general understanding of basic financial processes with knowledge of accounts payable and receivable procedure
- Microsoft Excel essential skills and ability to quickly learn and understand new technology. NetSuite or similar CRM software experience is a plus.
- Positive “can do” attitude with a good sense of humor
- Ability to take direction and creatively solve problems and find solutions
- Process driven and comfortable performing routine administrative tasks
- Detail oriented with high degree of processing accuracy
- Highly personable and ability to work with a variety of people and situations, including remote employees
- Covid-19 vaccination is required prior to commencing work
The Associate will report to the Vice President, Finance
BENEFITS and COMPENSATION
Good Sports believes that compensation is just one component of our value proposition to employees. We take a holistic approach to create a meaningful and compelling employee experience which includes:
· Mission driven, socially responsible, collaborative team spirit and environment
· Workplace flexibility and work/life balance
· Competitive salary
· Medical and dental insurance with employer contribution
· Access to vision insurance and flexible savings accounts
· 401(k) with company match
· Employer funded short and long-term disability and life insurance
· Generous paid time off to include 15 vacation days, twelve paid holidays, a paid day off for your birthday, plus a 1-week paid shutdown period
· Quarterly performance evaluation and developmental feedback with coaching
· Connectivity to sports network and a wide variety of community and corporate partners
Good Sports is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals of every race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other factor unrelated to job requirements or job status.