Are you ready to spend your summer as a part of something special? Imagine being with a company whose reputation for excellence paves the way for endless success. At Genuine Parts Company (GPC), people build long-lasting, highly satisfying careers and make a real difference in the community.
Our 11-week summer internship program will be in person in Atlanta (some remote work days available) and run from May 23, 2022 – August 5, 2022. Our technology interns will have the opportunity to help solve complex business problems by leveraging technology and building scalable software platforms. You will have the opportunity to shortlist the areas of your interest on our technology team based on your prior software engineering experience, Hacker-rank coding assessment, and interviews. We are looking for technology interns in the following areas:
Our software engineers need to be versatile, and enthusiastic in addressing new problems as we continue to push technology forward. You will design, test, deploy and maintain software solutions as you grow and evolve during your internship.
User Research and Design:
Our Design engineers need to be versatile and enthusiastic in addressing design problems as we continue to push technology forward. You will be improving the UI/ UX/ CX experiences on either our In-store or Online Channels.
Site Reliability Engineering:
Our SRE engineers are responsible for application reliability and performance. You will work on software development projects to keep important revenue-critical systems up and running, from code-level troubleshooting of traffic anomalies to maintenance of our most cutting-edge services; from monitoring alerts to building new automation infrastructure.
Our embedded security engineers, work together directly with our software engineering feature teams, and partner to ensure all solutions, both existing and new, are highly secure and architecturally sound, and follow GPC Corporate Security policies & guideline. You will be creating, fixing, extending and scaling code to keep it working and to harden it against all the bad actors.
What you’ll need:
• Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program with a focus on subjects in computer science, software development, human centric design, or other related fields.
• Experience in Software Development and coding in a general-purpose programming language.
• Experience with mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, natural language processing, writing software, cyber security
• Experience with Design principles, UX, UI, and user research
What’s in it for you:
• Have a fun and rewarding summer learning the inner workings of an iconic Atlanta-based Fortune 200 company, and hone your technical skills to get you more ready for a career in technology
• Attend Braves game (yes, for free!) with other interns from across the company
• Explore the history of the company through a multi-day orientation, complete with a tour of the Atlanta Distribution Center
• Show off your summer projects achievement with GPC executives and your peers for bragging rights and prizes