Under the supervision of the IT Manager and Network Engineer, the Jr. Administrator assists Fenway Health head office and remote locations with support including specifications, installation and testing of computer systems, server maintenance, group policy deployment, network security, and peripherals within established guidelines.
- Performs basic network system administration on network servers as needed
- Assists the IT staff to maintain the VOIP telephone system.
- Assists in the maintenance and testing of network servers, and associated equipment.
- Understands the issues involved with administering and maintaining corporate infrastructure, including network connectivity, internet access, emails, Audio Visual, etc.
- Understands the issues involved in administering and maintaining corporate WA
- Provides second level support to helpdesk techs
- Uses established tracking system to log requests; monitors progress, tracks problem resolution, identifies patterns of failure, researches bug fixes and implements solutions; communicates with manager regarding unresolved problems
- Identifies, troubleshoots and resolves hardware-, software- and network-related problems encountered by end-users, the Internet, and desktop hardware
- Optimizes computer usage by researching and recommending enhancements to system capabilities and performance
- Assists with the administration and maintenance of the telephone systems including telephone switches
- Assists with the creation of new hire telephone and voicemail extensions, routing extensions to appropriate locations and updating information as seating assignments change
New Hire Administration
- Creates network and email accounts for new users
- Updates the company phone lists and email address books
- Follows incident response standard operating procedures related to cybersecurity events
- Audits idle and terminated network accounts periodically
- Basic Azure administration with some Powershell scripting
Performs related duties as required
- Associate Degree from an accredited School of Computer or Information Science
- Working knowledge of all phases of implemented technologies
- Working knowledge of firewall technology
- Demonstrable knowledge of diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers and administrative systems.
- Facility with written and verbal technical support
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, vendors and visitors to facility
- Ability to work harmoniously and effectively with colleagues, patients, clients and vendors across the spectrum of diversity, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic status, national origin and immigrant status, religious or spiritual identity, disability (physical, mental, emotional and developmental), veteran status, and/or limited English proficiency.
- Willingness to contribute towards Fenway’s efforts in becoming an anti-racist organization and promoting a culture dedicated to ongoing development in service of humility, equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging, where differences are acknowledged and valued.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited School of Computer or Information Science
- Ability to meet the following physical requirements with or without reasonable accommodations:
- Sit at a computer station for extended periods of time
- Ability to keyboard for extended periods of time
- Regularly walk, stand, stoop, climb, kneel and crouch
- Occasionally lift, carry, push and pull objects weighing up to 50 pounds independently, and occasionally objects weighing up to 100 pounds with assistance
- Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements such as extreme temperatures, unpleasant odors and/or loud noises
- Moderate physical activity
We offer competitive salaries, and for those who qualify, an excellent benefits package; including comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans, and a retirement plan with employer match. We also provide 12 paid holidays, paid vacation, and more.
LGBTQIA+ identified persons, Black, Indigenous, and other people of color (BIPOC), and individuals from other historically underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.