As a member of the newly-formed Infrastructure Technology Team, this individual will be essential in providing technical support for the Evolv Community and delivering Workstations to our new hires.
This individual will provide Level 1 Infrastructure Technical Support to the workforce, including workstation management and assisting with Level 2 escalated issues. You will also be involved with the troubleshooting, imaging, building workstations, and network-related infrastructure services, including DHCP, connecting to Wireless Access Points, VoIP Telephony, and Video Conferencing.
Your priorities will focus on workstation support for the Waltham, MA office, supporting applications and workflows cross-functionally. Developing documentation for training, coaching, and supporting the employees will also be required.
You will face challenges that will require you to use some of your problem-solving skills to work against unexpected issues for our in-house and remote employees, consultants. In addition to providing technical support, under the direct supervision of the Senior IT Director, additional tasks and projects will be assigned based on the department’s quarterly OKRs to improve business productivity, security and enhance the environment for streamlining process procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide day-to-day Level 1 technical support by responding to incoming phone calls, tickets, and assignments designated by the Senior Infrastructure Technology Director.
- New Hire/User Account Setup and user account administration (password reset, group permissions, video conferencing, application management and installs, etc.)
- Track and Log incoming support calls and tickets, following issues through to resolution in a timely fashion.
- Be hands-on with multiple versions of Operating Systems, including Microsoft Windows and Android/Mac-iOS devices. You will learn to configure and use the Linux Ubuntu Desktop OS.
- Enforce Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware Systems and policies preventing the corporation’s workstations and hosted devices from being compromised, hacked, and protecting proprietary data and data storage.
- Providing customer service, organizational, and communication skills is a must, as is the ability to work in a team-oriented environment, providing onboarding and basic step-by-step training to the end-user community.
- Maintain and update the I.T. Manual of Operating Procedures by developing instruction sets, detailed diagrams and enforcing adherence to detailed policy and procedure documents.
- Perform hardware/software/firmware upgrades to existing systems and workstation equipment as required. Installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting software used throughout the organization, including assisting Finance, Human Resources, and Development Teams with the On-site and Hosted Applications.
- Administration of the Corporate Enterprise Standard Applications Microsoft Office365 user platform, Shared Drives, Slack, Anti-Virus, Mobile Device Management, and Remote Administration Tools.
- Update and maintain Evolv inventory, assets, software keys, password databases, and software licensing within the Infrastructure Technology online database system.
- Research of New Technology solutions for implementation within the organization, including the evaluation of different solutions for comparison and present to Infrastructure Technology Leader
- Protect the entire Evolv Infrastructure to support both current and future growth of the organization. This will include onsite Network Systems, Physical and Virtual Systems, Key Card Access Systems, Security Systems, and related Infrastructure Hardware.
- Assist in enforcing 2-Factor-Authentication and Single-Sign-On (SSO) credentials upon our confidential and intellectual property to secure Evolv Technology and development resources.
- Eagerness to Solve Problems and have the basis of troubleshooting skills and principles.
- Inquisitive nature of technical support skills, with ability to be innovative regarding emerging technology direction and problem-solving.
- Detail-oriented capability in the configuration and troubleshooting processes of software, hardware, networking fundamentals, and accessory equipment and how they interact optimally.
- Analytical skills to assess problems or unusual situations, develop solutions and escalate to Senior Engineer or Director when necessary.
- Ability to operate with a daily change in priorities and escalate to Senior Infrastructure Technology Director when conflicting priorities arise.
- Manage the incoming and existing Ticket Queue with the ability to assess, troubleshoot, and define a resolution to both in-house users and hosted systems at a remote location or offsite cloud application.
- Strong communication and customer service skills demonstrating the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users clearly and efficiently.
- Ability to document and update procedures on an ongoing basis.
- Familiarity with network and TCP Protocols, Wireless and Home Networks, and working with networking infrastructure technologies (Laptops, VoIP Telephony Systems, and video conferencing solutions)
- An influential cognitive thinker who is innovative and looks for process improvement and efficiency, adapting positively to challenges.
Experience or exposure to ideally 4 of the following:
- Microsoft Windows 10 and Active Directory User Account Administration
- Linux Operating Systems including Ubuntu 18.04 LTS / 20.04 LTS and Android Devices
- Apple macOS and Mac-iOS Operating Systems and devices.
- User and Mailbox Administration, SPAM and Email Management Methodologies
- Localized End User Backup and Cloud (OneDrive) Storage Systems & Solutions
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 Family of Products
- Building Workstations from Scratch and the Ground Up
- Cloning Methodologies such as Ghost or Clonezilla
- Ticket and Document Management Systems.
- VoIP Telephony and Video Conferencing solutions
This is an excellent opportunity for a College Grad or Senior working their way through College or Certification! Previous internship or related courses before graduation will be essential for a fast-paced, growing environment.
The position requires an upcoming Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree with a concentration within Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems or related discipline; OR the combination of Technical Training School education and experience that enables the performance of all aspects of the position.
- Microsoft, Cisco, CompTIA A+, AWS/Azure, or equivalent trained beneficial but NOT required.
- A Team Player with no task is beneath them and willing to do whatever it takes to move the Infrastructure Technology Team towards success.
If you want to solve one of the most difficult issues of our time and save lives doing it, you want to work at Evolv. We are passionate, knowing that what we do and how we do it can affect life or death situations for our customers. At Evolv, you will have unparalleled exposure to all aspects of our business, working with a talented team of people who share our vision for a safer world. If you want unparalleled exposure to all aspects of our business, working with a talented team of company leaders who share a vision for a safer world, Evolv will be a great fit.
- Equity is an important component of every compensation package
- Flexible work environment
- Unique culture
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited vacation policy
- $300 per quarter to spend on the perks that are most meaningful to you