Looking for a company where you can help shape the future of global commerce and impact how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose-driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, start your career at eBay.
eBay’s Communications team is offering a summer internship for an undergraduate or graduate student. You will get the opportunity to help drive employee engagement and share amazing stories that help employees understand our strategy and feel connected to our purpose. You will get first-hand experience in the employee communications field and opportunities to pitch creative ideas that help drive engagement and employee retention.
This position will work directly with eBay’s Employee Communications team. They will be responsible for assisting with, implementing, and monitoring projects under the direction of their manager. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Support employee communications efforts, including creating programs, writing and pitching ideas.
- Develop and execute a communications audit strategy and then present recommendations to the team.
- Write and publish under your own byline on our global corporate intranet.
- Brainstorm creative tactical ideas to drive understanding and connection for Gen Z and millennial employees.
- Support company announcements with executive messages, intranet stories and pop-up virtual events.
- Support high profile events such as All-Hands, key customer-employee moments.
- Enhance employee participation in social media brand advocacy and pride-driving posts.
- Currently enrolled as a student, 0-3 years of relevant work experience in an accredited Bachelors or Masters program within the United States graduating December 2022 through June 2023.
- General understanding of Public Relations/Communications and the retail and e-commerce industries.
- Academic Studies in: Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, History, English or Journalism.
- Excellent writing skills and able to translate narratives into different formats, from stories to executive messages to video to presentations
- Strong organizational and project management skills. Ability to handle a variety of detailed tasks and work efficiently under deadlines.
- Self-starter that is independent and able to help lead small projects.
- Empathy, emotional intelligence, and cultural sensitivity.
- Keen understanding of emerging social channels.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint/Keynote, and Google Suite (Docs, Slides, Sheets); Video editing and Adobe Photoshop preferred.