The Corporate Development & Strategy team works closely with the Executive Leadership Team at DraftKings to define and drive the strategy of the company, with a strong focus on the evaluation and execution of inorganic growth opportunities to bring world-class companies, talent, and technology into DraftKings. Reporting to the Corporate Development & Strategy team, the Summer Intern will be directly involved in helping execute the strategies and initiatives of a leader in the sports entertainment industry.
We’re looking for a Summer Intern to join our growing Corporate Development & Strategy team to support market/competitive analysis, strategic projects, and M&A initiatives.
· Identify, research, and recommend companies, technologies, and capabilities for DraftKings to evaluate for potential M&A
· Gather and analyze market data from various sources, producing insights and recommendations for DraftKings’ executive leadership team
· Perform comprehensive and in-depth industry research and develop competitive intelligence summaries to help inform strategic fit for DraftKings and build/buy/partner decisions
· Support Chief Business Officer and Executive Leadership Team with ad hoc strategic projects
Qualifications & Skills:
· Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or similar
· Proficient in Excel
· Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills (Powerpoint)
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple complex projects simultaneously and work independently in the absence of clear guidelines
· Ability to work effectively across functional teams and levels of seniority to refine strategic recommendations and build consensus
· Knowledge of the sports, entertainment, or gaming sectors, a plus
· Passion for shaping the future of the sports entertainment industry