The DraftKings Corporate Communications team is growing rapidly and is looking for a smart and proactive communications summer intern. This individual will play a crucial role as a generalist supporting team projects and initiatives, and delivering on team objectives, while working closely with differing team members to learn more about the company.
What you’ll do as a Communications intern:
· Assist in drafting pitches, social content and developing creative story angles.
· Update and maintain detailed media lists.
· Proactively research various online, print, radio, and TV outlets for potential story angles and outreach.
· Monitor for secured, earned media placements and company news in real-time.
· Assist in development of internal and external presentation decks and performance recaps.
· Develop comprehensive coverage reports following significant company announcements.
· File and maintain up to date finalized communications materials.
· Support administrative efforts including daily and weekly media monitoring, agendas, conference call coordination, media subscriptions and notetaking.
What skills you will use:
· Creative, quick learner, with strong writing skills, interest in fields including consumer technology, media, mobile gaming and sports, who is able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
· Prior experience in media relations or is pursuing a degree in communications, media or related field.
· Positive and collaborative personality who can work seamlessly within the Communications team.
· Passion for and understanding of the national and international sports media circuit.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive.
· Approaches everything with drive, urgency and energy.
· Works well under pressure and achieves results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.