PROCUREMENT AND CONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR JOB DESCRIPTION
A. Daily Job Duties
– Provide the coordination and administration of preconstruction and procurement requirements.
– Analyze and interpret Requests for Information (RFIs), Requests for Qualifications (RFQs), and Requests for Proposal (RFPs) to identify requirements for entire proposal submittal.
– Ensures appropriate delivery methods and contingencies have been secured to submit the proposal by its deadline.
§ Participate in the initial Kick-off meeting by co-presenting (with the Preconstruction Team) the compliance matrix, evaluation criteria, table of contents, and preconstruction development schedule with the team.
– Works with the Preconstruction Manager and Lead Estimator to support the development of responses to RFI’s, RFQ’s and RFP’s.
– Checks certificates of insurance forms for completeness and accuracy.
– Checks procurement forms for completeness and accuracy.
– Coordinates with Estimating, Operations, Controls and Accounting to maintain central files of executed documents, purchase orders, change orders, lien wavers, certificates of insurance and project close-out documents.
– Responsible for securing the initial subcontractor COI’s (Certificate of Insurance).
– Responsible for the drafting and processing of contracts and/or purchase orders.
– Supports the solicitation of quotations, quotation summaries and analysis for goods or services to support buyout process.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the employee assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Duties and responsibilities may be added or changed as deemed appropriate by management at any time.
– A two-year business or technical degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in the construction and/or engineering industry with a similar high-volume environment preferred, but experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
C. Minimum Related Prior Experience
– 0-3 years
D. Preferred Special Skills
– Ability to effectively communicate and work with others in a positive and collaborative manner.
– Ability to manage responsibilities independently.
– Basic understanding of construction and/or engineering industry and ability to learn new construction and engineering concepts that are presented to you.
– Detail-orientated, high level of accuracy.
– Have a strong sense of urgency, ability to execute quickly and efficiently and meet aggressive deadlines.
– Knowledge of:
– Microsoft Office
– Construction collaboration software, i.e., Procore, Bluebeam
– Desktop publishing, presentation and other marketing related software, especially Adobe Creative Suite, SharePoint, FTP sites, video conference/sharing and other marketing-related applications.
– Strong writing skills including an understanding of the elements of style and English grammar.
– Ability to be proactive in the data collection process and identify areas needing additional support early in the process.