This internship is a great way to learn about how CISA communicates and what else is happening locally. CISA maintains a Facebook page, has a website and publishes two monthly email newsletters – one for community members and one for Local Hero farm and business members. In addition to outreach, this position also provides support for our staffer working on farmers markets and our Senior FarmShare program (which provides low income seniors with access to a free mini-CSA share!). We are looking for someone who is a thorough researcher, good writer, and (ideally) has some experience with photo manipulation (Adobe Photoshop etc.) to:
- Assist in maintaining CISA’s website;
- Maintain CISA’s media tracking system;
- Research and write articles for enews and website, including profiles of Local Hero members;
- Support staffer in outreach to farmers markets regarding SNAP and re Senior FarmShare; and
- Review and make recommendations on CISA’s social and online media outreach.
Qualifications: Skilled in conducting research, interest in local agriculture and food, comfortable talking on telephone, well-organized, ability to present data clearly, experience with Excel, and access to transportation required (sometimes a bus schedule can work, but often the buses do not work within class schedules).