Cognex Corporation invests in talent. One way we do this is through our Product Management Development Program (aka Gradnoid program), a full-time paid opportunity for recent college undergraduates. This fast-paced rotational program is designed for early career engineers that are interested in a Product Management and Business Management track. Through 2-3 project-based assignments across the company, you will begin to bridge the gap between design engineering and business management. Rotations are designed to expose you to cutting-edge technology such as AI interacting with global manufacturing customers, and leadership skills needed to advance your career in the fast-paced world of technology.
The Gradnoid program seeks to cultivate highly skilled, productive and committed Cognoids who will help lead Cognex’s future success. Program participants will develop leadership skills, increase their technical competence and gain market knowledge by working on critical business projects. Each candidate hired into the program will be able to make immediate contributions to the business. Following the program, Gradnoids will secure a position within Cognex.
Cognex is looking for well-rounded, intelligent, creative and motivated engineering candidates with a passion for getting results. Individuals with these characteristics will allow Cognex to develop a successful engineering team and continue to lead the machine vision marketplace.
- High energy and motivated learner that aspires to be a leader
- Excellent presentation, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Drives change with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Team player who can work effectively with cross functional teams and willing to take the initiative to address problems without hesitation
Education and Experience Required:
- Only open to Undergraduate Seniors and Masters students graduating in May 2024 [Program start date: June 2024]
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical & Computer, or Robotics Engineering
- Ability to program in C++ or Python preferred
The Gradnoid program is a 18-month development program comprised of 2-3 project-based assignments that will each be 6-9 months in duration. The program targets the development of functional, technical, and leadership skills. These assignments help our college graduates and managers determine where Gradnoids will flourish in their full-time position at Cognex.
- Assignments may span across several business units (e.g. Advanced Technology, Products & Platforms or Logistics)
- The number and length of assignments will fluctuate depending on business need
Gradnoids are offered exclusive training throughout the program in many important developmental areas including, but not limited to:
- Introduction to Cognex Corporation
- Cognex culture and leadership
- Technical instruction & product overviews
- Machine vision and ID technology industry overview
- Global business effectiveness
- Project management
- Communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Negotiating skills
As a participant in the Gradnoid to Cognoid Engineering Development Program, Gradnoids have access to Cognoid mentors who will personally guide the incoming Gradnoid class, making themselves readily available to answers questions and provide guidance throughout their time in the program.
In addition to the extensive onsite training, Gradnoid members are encouraged to pursue advanced degrees by taking advantage of Cognex’s tuition reimbursement program.
The Gradnoid program offers a unique opportunity to network with colleagues and executives from day one. Through formal introductions with executives, team building exercises with colleagues and hands on work experience, Gradnoids are immediately immersed in the corporate culture in order to hit the ground running!
Corporate Culture and Socialization:
Cognex embraces the need for camaraderie in the workplace understanding that it fosters collaboration and teamwork. Through exclusive outings and group events the Gradnoid program allows for members to quickly acclimate and form lasting relationships in the industry.