Chewy is seeking highly motivated, goal-oriented, analytical recent and upcoming graduates to join our exciting and fast-paced Supply Chain teams in Dania Beach, Florida as Supply Planners. We are actively looking for fresh grads to support and enhance our growing Supply Chain organization across the following areas: Inventory, Transportation, and our newly developed Transformation Logistics team. These positions unlock opportunities to learn aspects of Chewy’s operations including Inventory Management, Fulfillment & Warehousing, Forecasting, and Scheduling. If you’re a student looking for a first role where you can dive in and make a difference from day one – you’ll want to join our pack!
What You’ll Do:
Supply Chain manages the company’s product distribution strategies through use of analytics. Whether looking at labor, transportation or selling costs, members of the supply chain team work closely in collaboration with other departments to manage quality, delivery, logistics to deliver on our customer promises. Supply planners use statistical analysis, root cause problem-solving techniques and KPIs to optimize our assets and monitor and create demand plans. Employees in these roles leverage SQL, advanced Excel, and additional tools for data collection and analysis and have the opportunity to manage demand planning for a portfolio of items and streamline Chewy supply chain processes.
Potential Responsibilities Include:
- Assist with end-to-end planning and execution of inventory, purchasing through FC fulfillment
- Analyze key metrics including: vendor fill rate, lead time variability and FC inbound capacity to maintain Chewy’s best in class in-stock rates and inventory turns
- Identify and communicate current and future inventory issues, as well as developing sound recovery plans
- Participate in cross-functional manufacturer and vendor reviews, driving vendor operational improvement
- Participate in innovative, metric driven processes and projects to achieve supply chain excellence
- Utilize forecasting software and exception reporting to reduce forecast error and achieve category forecast accuracy targets
- Model business trends and communicate insights to the cross-functional team to optimize business processes and results
- Determine causes of root error, and implement processes to drive operational efficiency
- Manage the monthly sales forecast while working alongside supply chain partners and monitoring key metrics
- Collaborate with business partners to understand marketing activities, ensure optimal stock levels and plan lifecycle management of the product portfolio
Possible start dates for this role are between January 2022 and June 2022.
What You’ll Need:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s in Business: Supply Chain, Logistics, Management, Economics, Engineering or related analytical field
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (i.e. VLOOKUP, pivot tables, etc.)
- A penchant for critical thinking and natural curiosity for problem solving
- Proven leadership experience, through academics, athletics or extracurricular activities
- Experience with SQL, Python, Tableau or R programming preferred
- Demonstrated quantitative analytical capabilities – previous internship experience in Supply Chain, forecasting, planning, or operations a plus
- Current permanent U.S. work authorization required