The Boston Symphony Orchestra seeks a Graphic Designer to join its Development department. This position is responsible for executing print and digital design projects to support fundraising, donor relations, and engagement efforts that promote the organization’s mission and fulfill fundraising goals.
- Execute print and digital design projects for all areas of development including annual funds, planned giving, major gifts, events, and volunteer services. Set and manage production schedules from concept to completion, ensuring projects adhere to budget and address fundraising objectives. Maintain library of all completed projects.
- Manage print production and pre-press workflow including contracting print vendors, researching paper and print possibilities within project budget, receiving and checking printer’s proofs, and conducting press checks when necessary.
- Design visually engaging and effective materials for web and social media that promote the BSO and its component brands while driving fundraising results.
- Manage content, via CMS and HTML/CSS, for current and future online communications materials, including annual reports, impact reports, newsletters, and sections of the BSO’s website, in coordination with the Website Manager
- Create and maintain Development photography library. Select and edit photos for use in design projects. Provide creative and logistical support for Development photo shoots. Oversee and schedule Development Photography Intern.
- Consult and collaborate with BSO Director of Creative Services to ensure all projects fit within established and evolving institutional branding standards.
- Maintain vendor relationships to leverage the most efficient and economical production services.
- College degree in graphic design and one to three years direct professional experience in graphic design and print production management required.
- Demonstrated mastery of Adobe Creative Cloud programs, specifically InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- HTML/CSS web design skills and content management experience required.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously and to work under pressure of tight deadlines.
- Working knowledge of photography preferred.
- Occasional nights, weekends, and out of office assignments may be required.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Boston Symphony Orchestra is committed to building a culturally diverse staff and encourages applications from female and minority candidates.”