With the Healthcare industry entering an unprecedented growth period, there has never been a greater demand for talent and resources. As a business service provider in the healthcare space, Barton Associates is primed for significant growth in the coming years, and we’re looking for talented people to join our team and grow along with us.
That’s where you come in!
Barton Associates is seeking a Marketing Communications Intern. The ideal candidate is working towards completing a degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or another applicable field. Experience proofreading or editing content is ideal. Candidates should be detail-oriented with strong research skills and the ability to edit B2B and B2C healthcare topics. If clunky copy makes you cranky and you enjoy editing content to make it easy to digest, fun to read, and more shareable, you may be a great fit!
The Marketing Communications Intern will work on the Marketing team and report to the Director of Marketing. This is an excellent opportunity to receive hands-on experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Assist with all levels of editorial, including first reads, developmental editing, copy editing/line editing, and proofreading
- Edit articles, blog posts, infographics, white papers, and other content for style, grammar, punctuation, syntax, spelling, and search engine optimization (SEO)
- Modify content to clarify meaning, meet editorial style guidelines, and align with distinct brand voices
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and regularly generate engaging topic ideas for the content team and our network of freelance contributors
- Assist with editorial calendar development and scheduling
- Write original content for Barton Associates, Barton Careers, and Barton Healthcare Staffing
- Write daily job descriptions to entice job seekers to apply
- Organize and prioritize workload according to agreed-upon deadlines
- Enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited college or university in English, journalism, publishing, or marketing program with excellent spelling and grammar skills and an exceptional eye for detail
- At least one year of experience in editorial or proofreading, preferably in a digital environment, but this can be at a school newspaper or mentoring program
- Ability to collaborate with other team members, including a copywriter and a graphic designer
- Knowledge of how to differentiate content based on audiences and personas
- Working knowledge of Google Drive is a plus
Please note: Because we are an essential part of the healthcare industry, our offices are currently open with measures for safe social distancing in place. This is an in-office position.