Chinosity.com is an online media project developed by the China Learning Initiatives, Center for Global Education at the Asia Society. Our brand delivers news on Chinese entertainment, language, and modern cultural phenomenon in English to a global audience. Our global, cross-platform network includes our site, YouTube channel and Instagram account, as well as other digital platforms. Our news and entertainment serve the post 90s and 00s generation- an engaged, global audience that connects with culture and entertainment through digital platforms.
About this position:
As part of the Chinosity staff, you are responsible for branding, driving traffic to our social media channel as well as assisting online events for Chinosity. You are required to work as part of our marketing and communication team. It is a remote part-time internship position. You are required commit 15 hours a week, attend team weekly meetings, and work closely with the Chinosity team through office communication tools and G suite.
What you will do:
- Research, plan and help execute content marketing campaigns for Chinosity’s social media platforms (Facebook and TikTok).
- Research and plan marketing strategies for Chinosity channels.
- Participate in Chinosity’s online event planning.
- Create relationships with marketing partners based on social media (Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and Twitter).
- Attend weekly marketing meetings on Monday nights and all team meetings on Wednesday nights online.
The ideal candidate:
- Must have strong interest in Chinese culture, modern China phenomenon, gen-z social trends and cross-cultural content
- Must have knowledge in various media formats and different social media platforms, including YouTube, TikTok, Twitter and Instagram.
- Have thorough research and reporting ability
- Have knowledge in G suite.
- Have strong communication skills, as well as the ability to perform duties under deadlines
- Have experience in marketing and content marketing (past internship experience included)
*Candidate able to read Chinese is a plus
*Candidate with previous video production experience is a plus
Chinosity is a young and fast-growing platform, we provide freedom and space for you to create quality content.