*You can also apply and view other postings on jobs.aon.com!
Aon Inpoint Is Looking For A Strategy Analyst Intern.
Location: Chicago, IL
Aon Inpoint is a leading global strategy consulting firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. We partner with our clients to identify profitable growth opportunities and improve operational effectiveness for their business. As a trusted advisor with unmatched experience in strategy, we deliver credible and practical solutions to empower our clients’ performance. Aon Inpoint serves clients from offices in Chicago, New York, London, Rotterdam, Singapore, Sydney, and Hong Kong and works with experts from Aon’s global network of more than 600 offices in 120 countries. By working hands-on with consultants, the internship program is designed to develop the advanced research and analytical skillset needed to prepare college students for advancement into a consulting career.
Your Impact As a Strategy Analyst Intern:
We work with our clients to understand their objectives, address their challenges, develop a deep understanding of market conditions and issues, and create strategies that drive growth opportunities and competitive market advantages. Analyst Interns will benefit from exposure to important facets of each of these key activities, as well as from instruction from experienced consultants.
An Analyst Intern will be directly involved in one or more client engagements, with responsibilities including:
- Performing data analysis and modeling
- Preparing and participating in interviews with clients, stakeholders, and subject matter experts
- Developing client-ready materials (PowerPoint, Excel, and Access)
- Supporting project leadership in synthesizing findings and identifying key insights from analysis of data
- Communicating findings to the client, as well as to the project team and other key stakeholders
Additionally, each Intern will be tasked with selecting, scoping, and completing a long term capstone project, and will have the opportunity to present their findings and recommendations directly to senior management.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Previous internship(s) experience preferred
- Strong analytical abilities and a track record of academic success
- Willingness to learn and solve complex problems
- Ability to perform well under pressure, on multiple workstreams, and with tight deadlines
- Regularly identifies opportunities to take on additional responsibility and to work more efficiently
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with clients and team members
- Rising Senior (current Junior) pursuing a bachelor’s degree from a top tier university with a strong interest in working in Strategy Consulting following graduation
Applications for this role, part of the Aon Summer Internship Program, should have a target graduation date of December 2021 – August 2022 and have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or above.
Aon Summer Internship Program
Aon’s Summer Internship Program provides a unique opportunity for rising college seniors to learn, contribute, and gain real world work experience in a collaborative environment. Interns have the chance to learn more about Aon’s culture and businesses while developing practical skills necessary for future success and postgraduate opportunities. The 10-week summer program includes weekly spotlights delivered by Aon business leaders, a community outreach event and networking opportunities with fellow interns and colleagues. The program equips interns with an understanding of working in an environment dedicated to exceeding client expectations and delivering products and services distinct to unique client needs.
A Value Adding Program Development Plan (Curriculum)
In addition to on the job training, our interns actively participate, along with their fellow intern colleagues, in a formal Development Plan. This provides interns:
- An understanding of the basic functions and types of clients within Aon’s businesses
- An understanding of Aon’s ethical standards
- Training geared toward enabling interns to demonstrate an ability to work in a professional business environment
- Opportunities to network with fellow peers, Aon colleagues and executive leadership at program social events and interactive speaker forums
- Opportunities to learn and utilize Aon’s internal systems
- Opportunities to demonstrate interpersonal and team building skills through many networking events
An Opportunity to Explore Post Graduation Career Path Opportunities
The goal of the Business Internship Program is to give students significant exposure to Aon through project deliverables, continuing education and a training curriculum. The program also provides students with an excellent opportunity to learn and prepare for post‐graduate career opportunities at Aon. Upon successful completion of the Business Internship Program, highly qualified interns may be offered post-graduation full‐time positions within the Launch Program, Aon’s Early Career Development Program.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.