THE ANALYST INTERN ROLE
The Analyst Intern is a critical member of the Alira Health case
team. Interns work closely
with Associates, Associate Consultants, and Project Managers to
solve challenging client questions.
Interns provide support to Analysts in developing components of
the client engagement
and contribute to the success of each project. The length of the
internship may vary and
typically lasts for 10-12 weeks.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS*
• Support case team to gather, analyze and synthesize primary
and secondary research and analysis of healthcare companies,
products, and trends around the globe
• Identify and recommend sources, market studies, and databases
to augment and update Alira Health’s knowledge base
• Monitor important developments, initiatives, news,
legislation, corporate activities and M&A transactions to analyze
the impact of these actions on strategies and business plans
• Support Analysts in preparation of commercial due diligence
and strategy consulting deliverables, including company portfolio
and strategy analyses, market analyses, and business development
• Work with team to develop and refine recommendations
• Develop and edit slide presentations or other communications
to convey insights and recommendations of the team
• Performs additional duties as assigned
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Working towards a BS/BA in business, finance, or economics
from a top undergraduate program with an expected graduation date
of Winter 2018 or Summer 2019.
• Applicants working towards a BS in the Life Sciences and
prior consulting or banking experience will also be considered
• Strong analytical skills and ability to problem-solve
unstructured or ambiguous challenges
• Strong interest in health care, previous experience is a
• Experience conducting primary and secondary research
• Strong command of English, both written and verbal
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Advanced skills in MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, and
• Self-starter who thrives in a collaborative, yet less
structured team environment
• Authorization to work in the U.S.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• Normal office working conditions including frequent sitting,
standing, bending, twisting and computer monitor use. Occasional
lifting of weight up to 30 lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this
job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities and duties required.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents
who become disabled as defined under the Americans with
Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job
functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a
reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case
by case basis.
How to Apply