Social Media, Content Marketing, and Publicity Intern
8B Media is a new-ish film, television, and podcast production company. We put our values in the company’s name. 8B stands for 8 billion, as in, there are roughly 8 billion people in the world and everyone’s got a story. This ethos drives the company’s project operations by identifying storytellers and stories that touch the human spirit fearlessly, while treating everyone with the dignity, equity and respect they deserve.
8B has seen success with its first podcast and is launching another soon:
HALF THE CITY
- Top 50 – Apple Podcasts (Documentary)
- Launched November 2019
- Talk show focused on authentic conversations with amazingly interesting people.
- COMING 2021
- Docudrama about a marine who experienced a PTSD event and his decades-long search for purpose and peace
Meanwhile, we are actively in development of over a dozen film/TV projects and a handful of podcasts.
We’re committed to elevating underrepresented voices by providing access, mentorship, and meaningful learning experiences for students pursuing the media and entertainment industry.
Note: We are all currently working from the comfort of our homes, or wherever we can get a strong, consistent wifi connection. Our summer interns will do the same until everyone is safe to return to the office.
You will be focusing specifically on podcasts, celebrity-building, and original content campaigns, and closely partnering with the Showrunner and Community Engagement Lead.
- In-voice copywriting and editing
- Absorbing and implementing fundamentals of social media strategy
- Understand platform best practices from a brand perspective
Your job boils down to:
- Work alongside the team to create a plan for social media strategies
- Creating and managing weekly content calendars
- Assist in the growth of the brand by raising awareness through various social media platforms
- Assist in implementing plans to increase awareness on popular social media applications such as Tik Tok, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Clubhouse and LinkedIn
- Growing followers of the shows, 8B Media, and Brian Schoenborn on various social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Clubhouse)
- Growing the listening audience of the shows
- Creating outstanding content for social media platforms
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest social media trends and provide insights on trending content
- Managing assigned tasks to meet deadlines
- Analyzing and reporting on success metrics for campaigns
- Managing the creation of high-quality “always on” and organic social media creative that extends and sustains campaign initiatives and messaging
- Obtaining press coverage from influential media outlets
What You’ll Bring To The Table:
- Currently enrolled in a 2 or 4 year higher-education program, rising Juniors and Seniors are preferred
- Currently studying Communications, Marketing, Digital Media, Media Studies, New Media or related majors
- Available to work in PST, no matter your location
- Social media proficiency/avid social media user
- Passion for entertainment, culture and storytelling
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong writing skills and ability to adapt to 8B’s voice
- Graphic design or creative design experience
- Prior life experience is required – a variety of work, internship, volunteering, military, etc. are considered
- Action-oriented, resourceful, fun/funny, casual yet professional with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Legally able to work in the US (without visa sponsorship) in a full-time, unpaid internship is required
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of helping the world hears stories that need to be told.
About working at 8B Media: This is a full-time summer internship position, for college/university credit where applicable, with the opportunity to grow with the company. You’ll be joining a formative group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that’s challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
8B Media is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.