The MIT Supply Chain Management (SCM) master’s program and the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP) will host the first annual Supply Chain Management Interactive Tournament (SCMIT) in March 19, 2021.
SCMIT is an academically-sponsored, team-based learning experience that will take place over a week-long period. Students will collaborate in teams to address real-world supply chain problems in a focused, time-limited challenge format. This event provides a unique opportunity for students to flex their analytical and innovative thinking skills and bring fresh perspectives to timely, real-world business problems.
The SCMIT event is open to graduate and undergraduate students from select universities across the world who will work in teams to solve real-life supply chain challenges.
Challenges will address relevant supply chain issues and include one or more of the following elements: digital transformation, inventory management, transportation, machine learning, resilience, transparency, efficiency, costing, optimization, last-mile, quality, scalability, process improvements, sourcing, capacity planning, packaging, logistics, distribution, Covid-19 response, or sustainability. Student teams will have access to any additional detail or resources provided by sponsor companies to supplement their challenge statements, including data, processes, and technologies.
Skills and Expectations
• Participating students will need strong analytical and logical reasoning skills, and direct experience or a strong understanding of supply chain and/or operations functions.
• Students will self-organize, and appoint a team captain who will register the team and provide info on team members.
• Teams must be able to collaborate to research, analyze and present a cohesive recommendation to company representatives who will assess their final presentation.
• Each team will prepare a final presentation to the sponsoring organization that will consist of a 15-minute video presentation and a 5-page, single-spaced executive summary, with appendices.
• Finalists must be prepared to present their findings and respond to questions in a live remote session before a panel of judges.
• Teams must submit all materials – Video, Executive Summary, Analysis – into a Dropbox folder by the deadline. Registration Students may register for the event on https://scmit.mit.edu Contact Info For more information on student participation in SCMIT, contact Giles Taylor (CSCMP): firstname.lastname@example.org